The Student Room Group

AQA Pure Core 2 Mathematics: May 2015

How did everyone find the Exam?!

Scroll to see replies

Do you know where we can get the mark scheme?
that geometric series question bit me in the ass
What did you guys do for that triangle question that was on about the midpoint? I thought it was a right angle triangle so I got 11.1 but there's conflicting views and some are saying it was a right angle and therefore got 11.1 but some are saying that it isn't a right angle so they used to cosine rule and got 13.7.

Overall, I thought the paper was tough, I want at least a B but I reckon I failed and got a D or worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by qasim_96
What did you guys do for that triangle question that was on about the midpoint? I thought it was a right angle triangle so I got 11.1 but there's conflicting views and some are saying it was a right angle and therefore got 11.1 but some are saying that it isn't a right angle so they used to cosine rule and got 13.7.

Overall, I thought the paper was tough, I want at least a B but I reckon I failed and got a D or worse.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was cosine rule, wasn't a right angled triangle, correct answer is 13.7
Original post by TheBounca
How did everyone find the Exam?!

reckon i got 72/75, how did you find it?
Original post by miniman1997
Yeah it was cosine rule, wasn't a right angled triangle, correct answer is 13.7

Well I've got no marks for that then. AQA could've made that question clearer. The fact that they said something like the triangle was cut in half automatically made me think that one of the sides was a right angle.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought it was a tough paper to be honest... fingers crossed for low grade boundaries!!
Sorry but what the f*ck was that paper, I've done them all and none of them were like that
Original post by bethani_rose
I thought it was a tough paper to be honest... fingers crossed for low grade boundaries!!

they'll be lower than last year for sue
Thought it was a reasonable paper. The boundaries will be higher than last year. Last year was rotten.
what did people think to the very last log question i had no idea:confused::confused:
Just looked at 2012 and 2013 and this was off the scale compared to them in most areas, this was alot harder than any past paper
i think the first 3 questions were nice but it got alot harder from then on
Reply 14
Not the hardest paper ever thats for sure
2012 was horrible 52 for an A
Thought it was really hard.. Hope I'm not the only one.. Everyone I've spoken to agrees, it was harder than any I've done before..
i agree with u it been hard so ur not the only probs the second hardest i ever done
Original post by fishtank1997
i agree with u it been hard so ur not the only probs the second hardest i ever done

Which did you think was the hardest? I admit, last year was quite mean, but I did pretty well in that mock, but I thought this one was erg
2012 was hard tbh when i did it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending