The Student Room Group

How do misread marks work?

On question 2 on the edexcel 2015 paper, i did it totally correct except instead of subbing in the co ordinates of point A i subbed in the co ordinates of the centre of the circle. Do you think il still get any marks since i misread the question rather than didn't understand?
Original post by harry734
On question 2 on the edexcel 2015 paper, i did it totally correct except instead of subbing in the co ordinates of point A i subbed in the co ordinates of the centre of the circle. Do you think il still get any marks since i misread the question rather than didn't understand?

You'll drop one mark for the answer but get all the method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by PetrosAC
You'll drop one mark for the answer but get all the method marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
ok thanks :smile:
To be clear, mark schemes always have a section on misreads. It states that that, provided the misread does not materially alter the question, you deduct two from any A or B marks gained.
I assume you're talking about the C2 paper. That question was a three marker so I'd guess, based on experience of that type of question, you'd get a method mark for finding the radius, an A mark for the correct radius, but lose an A mark for the wrong full equation.

Quick Reply

Latest