The Student Room Group

aqa gcse English language

Hey, I'm predicted a 7 in English Language but would really like to get an 8 or even a really solid 7 as sometimes i've just made it. Any tips? I would really appreciate it!
Original post by libbieb
Hey, I'm predicted a 7 in English Language but would really like to get an 8 or even a really solid 7 as sometimes i've just made it. Any tips? I would really appreciate it!

Hey ... if you are doing this year's gcse, you've basically got no time left for big improvement strategies like reading at least 3 books every month, etc. Here are some quick strategies that could help at this point right before your gcse:
- create a list of high level sophisticated vocab
like transient, impuissant, abhorrent, something like that
- use 'juicy' and 'big' vocab like the synonym of basic vocab, such as diminutive for small and tiny
an app called 'Power Thesaurus' is a great option
- read the questions carefully is the MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO!!!! if you misread the question, you will definitely be kept in lower grades even though you know your stuff
Reply 2
Original post by Laam's corner
Hey ... if you are doing this year's gcse, you've basically got no time left for big improvement strategies like reading at least 3 books every month, etc. Here are some quick strategies that could help at this point right before your gcse:
- use 'juicy' and 'big' vocab like the synonym of basic vocab, such as diminutive for small and tiny
- read the questions carefully is the MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO!!!! if you misread the question, you will definitely be kept in lower grades even though you know your stuff

Thank you!
Reply 3
Original post by Laam's corner

would it be okay if i were to PM you an answer to a question from paper 2 and you mark it/ give feedback?
Original post by libbieb
would it be okay if i were to PM you an answer to a question from paper 2 and you mark it/ give feedback?

I am really sorry that I would not be able to help you because I am not trained as those professional teachers. Perhaps you can hand in past papers and creative writings to your teacher to mark and give you some feedback. I am sure that they would love to help you. PS I often make up my own descriptive writing questions to practice as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending