The Student Room Group

AQA DT: Product design (3D) - PROD 3 A2 exam, June 8th -- Revision thread --

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sosa
You're not the only one tbh it seems like its a recurring theme of useless teachers luckily the grade boundaries will be low. What im starting to do is look at the specification and create broad headings in which i can elaborate any answer on for example "Product development and improvement may also be linked to developments in technology (material and manufacturing) and this gives me more to write about if you get what i mean im just praying that the questions are nice.

Yeah its pretty rubbish, but thanks - good luck
Original post by nishakaps
In 2014 it was 44/84 for an A and in 2013 it was 53/84 lol

Have you seen the 13' paper though? It was basically unit 1

Posted from TSR Mobile
My teacher did no work whatsoever with us, as a class we just had time to do out Coursework ahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xela238
Have you seen the 13' paper though? It was basically unit 1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah agreed, well hopefully we get something like that. I think technological developments is highly likely as its been a while since that came up? I'm focusing on the MP3 and telephone as they seem the easiest..just hope this exam goes well
Reply 104
with that kind of question do you use two examples or is one sufficient
Yeah agreed, well hopefully we get something like that. I think technological developments is highly likely as its been a while since that came up? I'm focusing on the MP3 and telephone as they seem the easiest..just hope this exam goes well
Original post by Sosa

I think two as mostly they ask to discuss two, like for the arts movements one they always say 'with reference to two' but i guess you could learn one in more depth than the other to gain as many marks as you can
Original post by Sosa

The question will specify how many examples are required?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 107
Original post by Sosa

Sometimes they start with 'with reference to two different products...'
Reply 108
Original post by LORD H
A in the CW and a D/C in the exam would equal to what?

Depends on the UMS but either a B or a C I'd say
This exam is confusiiinnnggg ahaha I'm struggling to find a clear checklist, the spec seems all over the place

Posted from TSR Mobile
For examples of products to discuss I've chosen the Apple Watch. There site has info & videos of the manufacturing process, material selection, design, technology and how it meets customers needs. I'll also be looking to Dyson, as they have a lot of information on sustainability.
http://www.apple.com/watch/craftsmanship/
http://www.dyson.co.uk/energy-ratings.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
stressful times :frown: would be great if the grade boundaries remained like last year as 44/84 for an A is doable i think
Original post by Josh_MG
For examples of products to discuss I've chosen the Apple Watch. There site has info & videos of the manufacturing process, material selection, design, technology and how it meets customers needs. I'll also be looking to Dyson, as they have a lot of information on sustainability.
http://www.apple.com/watch/craftsmanship/
http://www.dyson.co.uk/energy-ratings.aspx

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm just doing iPod and radio because they're in the book...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 113
Original post by xela238
I'm just doing iPod and radio because they're in the book...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too. I have radio/MP3s (including iPod) and a TV for technology advancements and I have an iron, kettle and a car for products where we need to describe the manufacturing process, safety features etc
How are you guys revising now are you just reading through the book/notes or doing essay practice?
How are you guys revising now are you just reading through the book/notes or doing essay practice?

I'm just taking notes atm, the past papers aren't repetitive at all but will probably do some tomorrow, what a about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xela238
I'm just taking notes atm, the past papers aren't repetitive at all but will probably do some tomorrow, what a about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh okay cool yeah i'm pretty much doing the same and just looking at mark schemes to see how they want us to answer
oh okay cool yeah i'm pretty much doing the same and just looking at mark schemes to see how they want us to answer

Yeah same, it seems to be one mark for a point, one for explanation, and sometimes marks for technical terms

Posted from TSR Mobile
After getting 84 UMS, assuming this paper is as easy as 2013, I need 52/84 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xela238
After getting 84 UMS, assuming this paper is as easy as 2013, I need 52/84 for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

84 UMS for your coursework unit 4? I got the same, so basically we need a minimum of roughly 60% in this paper for an overall A hmmm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending