The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

If you go for SDSUR I'll come along and cast a vote for you.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
dobbs
Go to a particularly under-attended JCR meeting, propose a motion to create a new Exec position, make up some random name for it, but put in the small print of the description that you must be called Jess, and be from Wimborne to have the position.

Hopefully enough people will not care that they'll vote it through....sorted! :smile:

I bet I could do that, actually. I live in the biggest accomodation block, and few of us have decided that we're going to get a pool table for it by inviting everyone from it along to an SRC meeting and putting through a motion. The main problem is looking my DSU rep in the face afterwards - I have a strange desire to be approved by him.

Perhaps I could be Jelkin Officer. No one does it better than me! Hmmm, maybe I'll have that printed on my next stash.

EDIT: STEERING! NOOOOOOO! I'd have to look like one of the two girls on it, who are clearly clones! *refrains from saying anything too bad, just in case*

Thank you, Sean :biggrin: There are so many people I need to rep as a result of this thread.
Reply 22
goldenbarnes
In Hild Bede they're certainly not popularity contests ... I was generally impressed with how 'fair' it all was and how people actually did vote for the actual best candidate.

goldenbarnes
If you go for SDSUR I'll come along and cast a vote for you.

Ha ha ha. The irony!
Jelkin
I have a strange desire to be approved by him.

sexual
Reply 24
I was waiting for that.
If you go for SDSUR I'll come along and cast a vote for you........because you're the best candidate

:smile:
"Spanky spanky Matty Matty"
Reply 27
Jelkin
EDIT: STEERING! NOOOOOOO! I'd have to look like one of the two girls on it, who are clearly clones! *refrains from saying anything too bad, just in case*

I hate the internet! 5 years ago you could slag anyone off and be safe in the knowledge that they would never ever find it.

Now people google their damn names, and sometimes just randomly join message boards that you're on (admittedly it isn't that random for another student to join a student message board)....and find out you're slagging them off! :frown:

Ah well....that's life!
Is it true that Matt's going to go for DSU president, Jess?
EDIT: Someone found something I'd written about them on here once. They were sooooo not happy.
Mattmoy_2000
I'm talking about the current exec, just not all of them.
Wait until your year gets elected, then you'll see what I mean.

Three of my year HAVE been elected. The other two, at least, do a bloody good job.
ChrisH2107
Three of my year HAVE been elected. The other two, at least, do a bloody good job.

Chris isn't bad either. Apart from being a total pisshead.
durhamdosser
Chris isn't bad either. Apart from being a total pisshead.

I was a pisshead last term. It was a way of escaping the stresses of being on the Exec.* It's not my nature, I would like to make that clear.

*Not stresses which should deter any potential applicant from applying.
ChrisH2107
I was a pisshead last term. It was a way of escaping the stresses of being on the Exec.* It's not my nature, I would like to make that clear.

*Not stresses which should deter any potential applicant from applying.

Are you saying you're not going to drink at formal this term...?! I doubt that very much. You and Vollers must have barely any livers left.
Reply 33
goldenbarnes
"Spanky spanky Matty Matty"

This made me laugh a ridiculous amount. Out loud. I just thought about it again and laughed again.*

*not because the idea that I might fancy Matt is ridiculous.

I love Matt, but in the way a mortal might worship a god. Watching Matt hust for NSU representative was awe-inspiring. And yes, a slight turn-on. What? Where did that come from?

durhamdosser
Is it true that Matt's going to go for DSU president, Jess?

What?! He hasn't mentioned it. Has he? I don't think he has. I hope he does. I think he's terrific. *laughs again at Sean's post*

dobbs
I hate the internet! 5 years ago you could slag anyone off and be safe in the knowledge that they would never ever find it.

My sister once went on my friend's Myspace profile and found a comment from me calling her "nutso" jokingly. She went ape. Because she is nutso. (she's going to read this now, isn't she?)
Reply 34
Jelkin
My sister once went on my friend's Myspace profile and found a comment from me calling her "nutso" jokingly. She went ape. Because she is nutso. (she's going to read this now, isn't she?)

Yes, probably.

Recently my grandad discovered my website that I put all of my photos on to share them with my friends. These, obviously, include pictures that I would prefer my grandad not to see (i.e. very drunken, random photos, etc.)

So he then points my Uncle in the direction of it, who e-mails me to let me know that they're now all watching my life unfold through my photos lol :rolleyes:

The scary thing was that my Uncle (who is about 49/50 years old) said something along the lines of "I don't remember having so many gorgeous girls around me so much when I was at University!". Ew :s-smilie:
durhamdosser
Are you saying you're not going to drink at formal this term...?! I doubt that very much. You and Vollers must have barely any livers left.

Drinking at formal is normal! I want one, just one formal, preferably handover/handback (so OK two), where we all really go at the guests! Exec domination. We did it to Chad's Exec, we should do it to our own next generation.
Reply 36
My mum looked at my facebook profile :eek:
Reply 37
Is it really bad? Mine doesn't really have anything on it I'd mind her seeing. I don't think.
Reply 38
yeah i'd written a note about taking lots of ecstasy in the summer holidays :eek:

but it's fine though she understands youth culture
TKR
yeah i'd written a note about taking lots of ecstasy in the summer holidays :eek:

but it's fine though she understands youth culture

That isn't really standard youth culture.

Latest