The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

He was our livers out rep 04-05 and called "Smoothie". He now works in a Catholic girls' school and was quoted as saying something along the lines of "They told me to look after the girls, and, well, they'll get looked after"
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 81
durhamdosser
Looked her up on facebook. You're hotter.

Ditto, and ditto again :smile:

PS. College Exec positions are taken seriously in all colleges I'm sure - having a "stupid" question in a hustings allows people to see the candidates "other" side, to see that they will be good as a member of the exec rather than just a drone. When I went for Services Officer I had to perform "a washing machine" through the medium of dance :rolleyes: ....at Trevs every Exec position has a random question! :smile:
dobbs
Ditto, and ditto again :smile:

PS. College Exec positions are taken seriously in all colleges I'm sure - having a "stupid" question in a hustings allows people to see the candidates "other" side, to see that they will be good as a member of the exec rather than just a drone. When I went for Services Officer I had to perform "a washing machine" through the medium of dance :rolleyes: ....at Trevs every Exec position has a random question! :smile:

We have both formal and informal hustings... I had to rap at my informal hustings, amongst other silly things. By the way, as outgoing Senior Rep I have to set a challenge for the people running for the position this year at Informal. Anyone got any ideas? (I had to drink 'stuff' out of a bowl without using my hands and was told what was in the bowl whilst I did it - basically everything that had been at college dinner that night, from soup to dessert. I'm not doing that to anyone.)
Reply 83
Oh dear. I hope she never sees this forum. Thing is, she is pretty much a stunner. There goes my femininity card ... I sort of hoped the other candidates would be boring mathsy types.

DAMNIT

To be fair, there are plenty of ugly photos of me on Facebook. But thank you, arkbar. I appreciate it :smile:
Jelkin
Oh dear. I hope she never sees this forum. Thing is, she is pretty much a stunner. There goes my femininity card ... I sort of hoped the other candidates would be boring mathsy types.

DAMNIT

To be fair, there are plenty of ugly photos of me on Facebook. But thank you, arkbar. I appreciate it :smile:

You're cooler cos you do English. Yeah, go English!

Incidentally, why did you decide to run for treasurer?
Reply 85
I like working with numbers and doing logical tasks and dealing with money (largely because I never have any of my own to deal with). I'm not exactly sure though, it just attracted me! I kind of miss working with numbers as I used to love maths.
Reply 86
P.S. I am not allowed to rep you or arkbar because apparently I never rep other people.
Jelkin
P.S. I am not allowed to rep you or arkbar because apparently I never rep other people.

Hmm, I get the same problem. I think it's cos I only hang around in the Durham forum. I get tempted to go out and randomly rep other people in other forums but it makes me feel strangely dirty.
Reply 88
It just means that we're pure reppers who reserve what we have to give for people who truly deserve it (who just happen to be Durhamites). Oh well. I try to restrict myself to this forum simply because otherwise I spend my whole life on TSR.
Jelkin
It just means that we're pure reppers who reserve what we have to give for people who truly deserve it (who just happen to be Durhamites). Oh well. I try to restrict myself to this forum simply because otherwise I spend my whole life on TSR.

But if keeping the rep 'pure' means we can't give it to those who deserve it, should we sully it to keep the good work going?

Between MSN, TSR, facebook, LJ and BBC news, I'm not entirely sure how I get any work done. Oh yeah, I don't. Argh.

Latest