The Student Room Group

AQA Business Studies Unit 2 Thursday 4th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by WillGibb
I've been speaking to class mates and we all have conflicting answers for question 1 net profit margin in the unit 2 business exam since if I can remember correctly it stated that that the ticket price of £6.30 was what they had been charging for 2014 season instead of the previous price of £5.50. I got around 14% net profit just interested to see what others put

It was 1.45%

200,000 net profit
---------------------- X 100 = 1.45
total revenue (forgot what this was)

It was £5.50 for 2014 although they were thinking of increasing it by 15%! (ticket price)
Reply 21
I've been speaking to class mates and we all have conflicting answers for question 1 net profit margin in the unit 2 business exam since if I can remember correctly it stated that that the ticket price of £6.30 was what they had been charging for 2014 season instead of the previous price of £5.50. I got around 14% net profit just interested to see what others put

I got the same as you,i had 14.4%. I checked quite a few times, it did say on the paper that they increased prices to £6.33 from £5 and this was the price charged throughout 2014 right? Or did i just misread it...
Reply 22
how many marks would you get if you got to 200,000. And also never put the net profit margin formula on? 4/6???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
We agreed it was 1.45%? 14% sounds way to high...
Original post by Ual12
I got the same as you,i had 14.4%. I checked quite a few times, it did say on the paper that they increased prices to £6.33 from £5 and this was the price charged throughout 2014 right? Or did i just misread it...

You misread the case study I am 100% sure the current price was 5.50 they were planning to increase it by 15% to 6 something and then they also mentioned the industrial average of 6.70 this was there to be used as a application in ur long mark answers the correct answer for net profit margin was 1.45% this is sensible and correct because the profitability was declining and if u read the case study properly u would have noticed it was 3. Something for 2013 net profit margin therefore it can't go straight to 14.
stupid business students!!!!!!!!
Original post by duncanisthebest
stupid business students!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah ? Who are you a foundation or a ESOL student?

I do physics biology accounting business ICT And statistics it's double the amount of workload then u have idiot kid
for the calculation I did everything right with all working and put 1.46% rather than 1.45 because my calculator showed 1.45recurring so I rounded it? would still be correct right?
For the net profit margin Q the 2014 price was 5.50 and the 2015 price was 6.33
You had to use 5.50 as you only had sales figures for 2014.

It was 1.45% basically
Reply 29
How did everyone find the rest of the paper? I found it very difficult and struggled with the influences on the promotional mix question
Reply 30
Original post by Krisq123
How did everyone find the rest of the paper? I found it very difficult and struggled with the influences on the promotional mix question

That question was worded really poorly. I had to keep reading it and then just started writing because I didn't want to run out of time.

The rest of the paper was good - I liked the second half better than the first half though as the questions were more clear
I swear they said the increased price by 15% was to be charged throughout the 2014 season hence why the question highlighted 2014 but whatever, If I was wrong I will only lose a couple of marks due to working marks - rest of the paper went well though yes that promotional mix question was worded quite poorly.
Reply 32
Thanks for that comment i actually revised it and it came up
The price was £5.50 they were talking about changing the price but it wasn't confirmed. The net profit margin was 1.45%

The right answer was 1.45% because the question asked to calculate profit margin of 2014 and did not say to use £6.30 ... i mistakenly wrote - 1.45% and i am feeling so dumb and frustrated right now
Original post by Asis Rai
The right answer was 1.45% because the question asked to calculate profit margin of 2014 and did not say to use £6.30 ... i mistakenly wrote - 1.45% and i am feeling so dumb and frustrated right now

Would you get the marks for putting 1.45 with the recurring symbols?
Original post by rach.woodward
Would you get the marks for putting 1.45 with the recurring symbols?

yeah i think so ... even if u don't u might only lose about 1 mark but i gave a wrong answer so i will only get 3 marks max for showing steps and formula
Original post by Asis Rai
yeah i think so ... even if u don't u might only lose about 1 mark but i gave a wrong answer so i will only get 3 marks max for showing steps and formula

ran out of time for the second section so had to rush section b and i did not even read the case study throughly. i had 20 mins to finish section b + read the case study and i rushed everything i think overall i will end up with a C or a D ... hopefully not a U man that will be the end of me.

How did you do?
Price of ticket was £5.50 and quantity was 2.5m giving revenue of £13.75m. Costs was £13.55m leaving profit of £200,000. Then £200,000/£13.75m x100= 1.45%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
Mind blank- what was the second case study about? ( as in what product was being sold )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending