The Student Room Group

Why do i feel like I've failed?

I just feel like I've failed all my exams. I don't even know why. I get so so stressed and it makes me so so so sad, but I'm an b-a/a* student so I really can't afford to fail. am i just stressing myself out too much?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by missaxo
I just feel like I've failed all my exams. I don't even know why. I get so so stressed and it makes me so so so sad, but I'm an a/a* student so I really can't afford to fail. am i just stressing myself out too much?

yeah you are stressing too much
Reply 2
Original post by missaxo
I just feel like I've failed all my exams. I don't even know why. I get so so stressed and it makes me so so so sad, but I'm an a/a* student so I really can't afford to fail. am i just stressing myself out too much?

How can you be an a/a* student if you failed? It's one or the other really :s-smilie:
Reply 3
Meh, stop stressing. I know people say you can't put down people doing GCSEs just because you're doing A Levels or a degree or what have you, but if you're an 'A/A*' student like you claim, GCSEs will be easy.
Original post by futbol
How can you be an a/a* student if you failed? It's one or the other really :s-smilie:

I didn't say i know for a fact that I've failed. I just feel as if I have, I feel like I haven't done as well as expected of me
Reply 5
Original post by missaxo

You feel as though you've failed as this is a common part of anticipating the actual results; failure is an option, and you're questioning it, like most people probably do. There are many different outcomes of what your results could be, so you can't blame yourself for imagining each possible scenario.

Perhaps then you should be focusing more on the alternative scenario: the one where you don't fail- you said yourself that you're an a/a* student. Could you do something constructive to keep your mind off results day for the time being, looking for a job for example is you haven't already?

So yes, it does sound like you're stressing too much. :wink:
Original post by missaxo
I just feel like I've failed all my exams. I don't even know why. I get so so stressed and it makes me so so so sad, but I'm an b-a/a* student so I really can't afford to fail. am i just stressing myself out too much?

Which exams did u do that made u feel this way?
Reply 7
Original post by missaxo
I didn't say i know for a fact that I've failed. I just feel as if I have, I feel like I haven't done as well as expected of me

If you are the kind of person who goes around calling himself an a* student then you will probably pass fine.
Reply 8
Last year all summer i was stressing just like you, got to the point that the weeks before results day i was hoping to get BBCE and i would be happy.

Ended up getting AABD:smile:

You're worrying yourself. Dont do that.
Just enjoy your summer and good luck!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by missaxo

I kind of feel the same way; it was all fine until the actual exams started, my revision turned into cramming the nights before in order to keep up with every subject and I feel like I've under-performed.

OH WELL :biggrin:
Original post by Strom
I kind of feel the same way; it was all fine until the actual exams started, my revision turned into cramming the nights before in order to keep up with every subject and I feel like I've under-performed.

That is exactly what I have been doing up until the point where I just think..do I really care? I'm really worrying but I'm relatively calm if that makes any sense...:tongue:
Original post by Strom

thats like me!!
Original post by jeopardy
Last year all summer i was stressing just like you, got to the point that the weeks before results day i was hoping to get BBCE and i would be happy.

Ended up getting AABD:smile:

You're worrying yourself. Dont do that.
Just enjoy your summer and good luck!!:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's really good! Thank you :smile:
Original post by Fatimah21
Which exams did u do that made u feel this way?

Maths tbh.. mainly maths..
Reply 14
That's the worst exam I've ever seen .. All the past papers and mock exams were totally different to the real non calculate exam.... I cannot even answer the second page.. All the revision was just waste honestly.. I just wish the exam board drops the grade boundaries because no one did well from what am seeing.. I guess am retaking maths in sixth form 😢😡
Original post by Basnah
That's the worst exam I've ever seen .. All the past papers and mock exams were totally different to the real non calculate exam.... I cannot even answer the second page.. All the revision was just waste honestly.. I just wish the exam board drops the grade boundaries because no one did well from what am seeing.. I guess am retaking maths in sixth form 😢😡

I hate the fact that it was so bad. I need a C to get into college. If I get a D i will cry my eyes out
ok. Go on a run/cycle. Or join a sports team if you hate running and cycling. Exercise helps take your mind of things and makes you feel good about yourself and increases productivity. Or atleast that's what I find true for me.

Secondly, remember that exams aren't there to trick you and ruin your life. they are there to tell you your ability. Imagine going to the opticians and getting an eye test. The eye test tells you whether you are long or short sighted, whether you need bi-forcals, varifocals, normal glasses or no glasses. In the same way a GCSE or A level tells you how much you know about a certain topic. They tell you whether you are cambridge material, whether you are fit to be in a Russle group uni, whether you would survive on a medicine course or whether you should just be doing the average degree at Nottigham Trent (which there is nothing wrong with!) You need to stop worrying about what will turn up and just treat it like an eye exam. You will likely get the grade which reflects how much you have learnt in the last two years- providing you do not stress too much, which is the biggest cause of underachievement in exams.
(edited 8 years ago)
Don't stress yourself too much. You've heard it all before a million times, but do your best and try to stay on top of your revision, after you're done with all your exams then you can start stressing :smile: but if you've still got exams left, stay focussed and carry on. Good luck.
Original post by brieftidalwave
That is exactly what I have been doing up until the point where I just think..do I really care? I'm really worrying but I'm relatively calm if that makes any sense...:tongue:

Original post by missaxo
thats like me!!

Hopefully on results day we'll be pleasantly surprised :biggrin:
Original post by Strom
Hopefully on results day we'll be pleasantly surprised :biggrin:

That's all I've got to rely on now:biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest