The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History USA 1919-41 (10th June)

This thread is for tomorrow's exam. Feel free to post.
What was the effect of ww1 on USA?
Reply 2
America benefited economically through the weapons industry as they supplied weapons and other supplies to Britain and France.
Does anyone have a generic mark sceme? And can tell me the structure of the paper as I don't know what each question will ask thank you so much :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by applecandy
What was the effect of ww1 on USA?

- WW1 fuelled America's economy as the war was fought in Europe so European countries had to buy resources from America.
- During WW1, European countries could not manage their export levels so the USA took over these overseas companies and made profit out of them.
- Also, European countries bought food from the USA and this benefited the agricultural industry as farmers produced and sold more.
- WW1 also led to technological developments. The USA developed new materials such as plastic. The development of mechanisation meant that jobs could be carried out faster.
Original post by Trl157w21
- WW1 fuelled America's economy as the war was fought in Europe so European countries had to buy resources from America.
- During WW1, European countries could not manage their export levels so the USA took over these overseas companies and made profit out of them.
- Also, European countries bought food from the USA and this benefited the agricultural industry as farmers produced and sold more.
- WW1 also led to technological developments. The USA developed new materials such as plastic. The development of mechanisation meant that jobs could be carried out faster.
thankyouuuuu 😀😀👍
for all the 8 mark questions, you give 3 pee's and a conclusion right? (please answer anyone, urgent)
Does anyone remember any of the questions? I have my mock on it tomorrow and I am scared!!:colondollar:
Original post by shainayasx
Does anyone remember any of the questions? I have my mock on it tomorrow and I am scared!!:colondollar:

do you know the questions which came up on the 2016 paper

Quick Reply

Latest