The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream 2015/16

Scroll to see replies

You are all very fortunate. I only know the Home Office are interested but apart from several emails I am no further forward than last September. What p****s me off the most is the fact that If I had been in work and they had supplied the reference (hey folks I want to leave) and then I hear nothing for 5 months, that would make things uncomfortable if not untenable. I have chased up with the Fast Stream DAS people and am getting nowhere, just going round in circles. What an utter shambles!
Hi guys,

I had a question about the Government Economic Service that I was hoping an existing Fast Streamer on this stream could answer for me.

What kind of work do you typically do on a daily basis? In terms of the data analysis involved- what level is expected of you before you join? Is everything taught to you upon joining? Also, how did you feel the jump was/ work load is if you joined straight after graduating?

I'm looking into the Department for Education for the Provisional Assistant Economist role but any insights from anyone on the GES Fast Stream in an Economist role would be great.

I'm particularly interested in knowing what kind of work you did straight when you started in the first few months, as opposed to what kind of work you are doing a year later.

Any views would be great! Thank you so so much in advance! :smile:

I have started another thread on this so if you prefer to reply there or inbox me that is also fine!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending