The Student Room Group

Resturant vs Shop Customer Service

Hi! I'm doing BTEC Business and currently I'm doing Unit 4 on customer service and for the asignment we have to pick two different businesses. I chose McDonalds and John Lewis (Because I found case studies on them) but I have to do the similiarities and differences in their customer service.
I've already picked out the similiarities - Both rely on customer feedback and provide the best quality, service and value.
However, I can't think of any differences.

Anyone have any ideas?
You could look at how McDonalds is a fast food restaurant and therefore there main focus in getting the customers in and out as quick as possible which could mean that there is some lack of customer service, whereas John Lewis will spend a little more time with the customers and therefore the level of customer service is increased.

You could also look at the aspect that McDonalds is very rationalised which will mean that they are scripted what to say which could not be as effective whereas John Lewis will be more about making the customer feeling welcomed and therefore the customer service will be better at John Lewis.

Hope this helps!
Original post by nottreece
You could look at how McDonalds is a fast food restaurant and therefore there main focus in getting the customers in and out as quick as possible which could mean that there is some lack of customer service, whereas John Lewis will spend a little more time with the customers and therefore the level of customer service is increased.

You could also look at the aspect that McDonalds is very rationalised which will mean that they are scripted what to say which could not be as effective whereas John Lewis will be more about making the customer feeling welcomed and therefore the customer service will be better at John Lewis.

Hope this helps!

Thank you so much! This has really helped :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending