The Student Room Group

Part time jobs in Birmingham?

I want to be making supplemental income when I'm not in class, I have worked as a beginner tradie at an antiques place + a few more minor trade and customer service roles. I also have an interest in getting into sales to help me have some experience in the future when I start a business. I also have some experience with independent journalism and would love to get a job in that area. I've been feeling pretty down and not doing great in classes so I think making some money in a fulfilling job on the side would do me a lot of good. I have tried indeed flex but there were no roles available and all the jobs on indeed I see are full time. Any tips for finding good part time work at uni? Have any of you had an opportunity to work at home/close to halls?
Original post by Kamnef
I want to be making supplemental income when I'm not in class, I have worked as a beginner tradie at an antiques place + a few more minor trade and customer service roles. I also have an interest in getting into sales to help me have some experience in the future when I start a business. I also have some experience with independent journalism and would love to get a job in that area. I've been feeling pretty down and not doing great in classes so I think making some money in a fulfilling job on the side would do me a lot of good. I have tried indeed flex but there were no roles available and all the jobs on indeed I see are full time. Any tips for finding good part time work at uni? Have any of you had an opportunity to work at home/close to halls?

There are a lot of shops in birmingham, especially in the city centre, so getting a job in one of those is an option. Look online at websites such as indeed. Also look on companies own websites, as some companies (e.g. tesco, mcdonalds etc) have their vacancies on their own websites.
Reply 2
Original post by Emma:-)
There are a lot of shops in birmingham, especially in the city centre, so getting a job in one of those is an option. Look online at websites such as indeed. Also look on companies own websites, as some companies (e.g. tesco, mcdonalds etc) have their vacancies on their own websites.

Thank you for your response. I've been looking around indeed for truly part time jobs but it's hard to find one.
I have a little capital I'm looking to invest into a new business so I'm not hugely desperate right now. I know from experience those retail/fast food/customer service type jobs are a drag so I'm gonna try to avoid them. I'm currently looking for sales positions to supplement though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending