The Student Room Group

Summer work/part time

I've been wanting to work a summer job or a part time since I got into sixth form. Mainly as I would like to have some money on me as well as something to do during summer/holidays and after-school. I'm quite flexible and can mostly handle social interactions and most tasks, for any of those experienced, do you recommend any places I could apply to or should I just go looking online?
Thank you
Indeed is probably the best website. I got both of my sixth form jobs on it. Some jobs take a while to come back to you and others are pretty quick so keep that in mind. If you live near a shopping centre, you can try to ask for jobs from some of the shops there, however most of them will already be full.
Hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by RationalFish
Indeed is probably the best website. I got both of my sixth form jobs on it. Some jobs take a while to come back to you and others are pretty quick so keep that in mind. If you live near a shopping centre, you can try to ask for jobs from some of the shops there, however most of them will already be full.
Hope this helps

That's great thanks for much for your help! I'll definitely check it out
No worries!
Reply 4
should I also apply to as much as I can? or apply to one at a time?
Original post by hyouka
should I also apply to as much as I can? or apply to one at a time?

Quantity over quality. Just apply to every role you can see, chances are most of them you'll never hear from again.

I tended to just aim for applying to the ones which didn't have additional "assessments" attached (as then I'd spend 20-120 minutes on their assessments and still usually never hear back) and instead just apply with my CV and a slightly tailored cover letter (I created a couple templates for different types of roles e.g. customer service vs. admin vs....etc, which had a lot of similar details but tailored to those broad categories of job roles, and I'd leave blanks for where I'd fill in the company name and some specific details about the company/role).

Also I'd recommend signing up to your local job centre for JSA (or UC if not eligible for JSA, which you might not be if you haven't had any NI contribs) as then you'll have some income from the benefits to help support e.g. travelling to interviews, purchasing outfits for interview/work and also your work coach can support you with recommendations and job centres often have CV review clinics and stuff you can drop into.

Although they may not accept your for JSA if you're looking for part-time temp/seasonal work.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending