The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

They say to lose weight it is better to have small, regular snacks than the 3 large meals we are all used to
Reply 121
Silly Sally
They say to lose weight it is better to have small, regular snacks than the 3 large meals we are all used to

6 small meals a day, 2-3 hours apart..
imasillynarb

How do you know so much about weight loss and nutrion etc? Just wondering... :smile:
imasillynarb

Suits me but do they have to be small? And they'd cost more :frown:
XTinaA
Suits me but do they have to be small? And they'd cost more :frown:

At the end of the day, it would probably be the same amount you eat with the 3 meals anyway - so it doesn't have to cost more
Reply 125
I never think about food......I don't have any control over it being at school all the time
Charters
I never think about food......I don't have any control over it being at school all the time

Lucky you - i always think about food!!! Especially when revising - its so much more interesting than respiration...
Reply 127
Silly Sally
How do you know so much about weight loss and nutrion etc? Just wondering... :smile:

I used to weigh 20 stone, had to get the knowledge to shed that lot! Recently Ive got into bodybuilding as one of my mates is a professional junior bodybuilder, started going to the gym with him, putting on muscle is alot harder than losing fat though, which is where all the nutrition knowledge comes in.
Good advice from imasillynarb, as usual - hows your weight loss/muscle gain going?

Anyway, http://www.fatlosstips.com - that has some good advice on Nutrition.

Nutrition really is the key to fat loss, it must be your primary concern before sorting your cardio/weights training. If you seek a lifestyle change in your diet, then look on the above link and other places on the web, get a book on it - it takes a while to sort out a proper nutritional programme that will lose you FAT and not MUSCLE.
Reply 129
corey
Good advice from imasillynarb, as usual - hows your weight loss/muscle gain going?

Anyway, http://www.fatlosstips.com - that has some good advice on Nutrition.

Nutrition really is the key to fat loss, it must be your primary concern before sorting your cardio/weights training. If you seek a lifestyle change in your diet, then look on the above link and other places on the web, get a book on it - it takes a while to sort out a proper nutritional programme that will lose you FAT and not MUSCLE.

Theres lots of opinionated stuff in that link, although the majority of it is pretty good advice...
Reply 130
I never knew that stuff about heart rate before.. how do you find out what % it is when you're working out? I haven't a clue about any of this stuff :confused:
Reply 131
F. Poste
I never knew that stuff about heart rate before.. how do you find out what % it is when you're working out? I haven't a clue about any of this stuff :confused:

Put your hand on your neck, count how many times you feel your pulse in 10 seconds, times it by 6
Reply 132
imasillynarb
Put your hand on your neck, count how many times you feel your pulse in 10 seconds, times it by 6

Thanks :smile: You should find some way of making money out of this, you know your stuff!
Reply 133
F. Poste
Thanks :smile: You should find some way of making money out of this, you know your stuff!

Theres too many people doing that as it is :wink:
Reply 134
I'm on a diet which basically really reduces the fat that I eat. I havent lost this week because I ate tons of biscuits in pre revision panic but prior to that I lost 8lbs in 3 weeks. A 2lb a week loss is healthy but it isnt good to lose weight too quickly it just gets you into bad eating habbits. I can still eat loads and lose weight its just all about eating the right kinds of foods.
Reply 135
imasillynarb

What's a good resting rate?
Reply 136
G4ry
What's a good resting rate?

Whats yours, Ill tell you if its good or not :P
Reply 137
imasillynarb
Whats yours, Ill tell you if its good or not :P

I think it's about 66 at the moment.
Reply 138
G4ry
I think it's about 66 at the moment.

Thats good :smile: Mines 58, not bad considering I havent done any cardio training in weeeeeeeeeeeeeeks.
Reply 139
That's quite surprising that my pulse is good.

Latest

Trending

Trending