The Student Room Group

should i cut fruits to lose weight

I've been reading online and apparenlty eating fruits will lead to fructose intake which will just be stored as fat and not help you lose weight? It's now 6 and I've eaten dinner but I'm still hungry - should I eat some plums (around 4 or 5) or should I sleep hungry??
Reply 1
If you're hungry after a meal it means it wasn't balanced or nutritious; what did you have?

There's no need to cut out fruit altogether, but it's not particularly filling to eat in this situation. Have a yoghurt, an apple with nut butter, a protein bar, some nuts. But look at the composition of your main meals.
Reply 2
Original post by Surnia
If you're hungry after a meal it means it wasn't balanced or nutritious; what did you have?

There's no need to cut out fruit altogether, but it's not particularly filling to eat in this situation. Have a yoghurt, an apple with nut butter, a protein bar, some nuts. But look at the composition of your main meals.

It was roasted vegetables with lamb and shrimp - I think I didnt feel full because I'm normally eating more portions of dinner than i need which is why I gained weight. The issue is that I live with my family and I can't really control what I'm eating for my meals - only the portions and the snacks I have. I do exercise at home but without dumbells and run 5k a week when I can. any advice in general to lose weight?
Reply 3
The only thing that makes you gain or lose fat is calorie balance and fruits are low in calories. It doesn't matter if they contain fructose. They don't have that many calories, yet they have a high fibre and water content which makes them much more filling than junk food, and contain lots of vitamins and minerals. You'll feel too full and bloated before eating too many calories from fruit. You'd struggle to find anyone that became overweight from eating too many apples or berries.
try eating boiled ice, its very good for weight loss
Reply 5
Original post by halaelabd29
It was roasted vegetables with lamb and shrimp - I think I didnt feel full because I'm normally eating more portions of dinner than i need which is why I gained weight. The issue is that I live with my family and I can't really control what I'm eating for my meals - only the portions and the snacks I have. I do exercise at home but without dumbells and run 5k a week when I can. any advice in general to lose weight?

Do you want to lose weight or need to lose weight?

If the latter, you need to look at a TDEE calculator and be in a calorie deficit through diet and/or exercise. Why can you cook at home and make some healthy options? What do you eat as snacks and when; you could have yoghurt and fruit after a meal, but you don't need to have more between meals if you have a balanced diet?
Reply 6
Original post by Bigfishytime

boiled ice is good for weight loss and some other health benefits too.
also for weight loss is it losing fat for a figure or losing actual weight because it is a completely different thing for working out and meal plans.
Reply 7
Original post by Bigfishytime

Isn't boiled ice...water? 🤔
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
Isn't boiled ice...water? 🤔

yeah

Quick Reply

Latest