The Student Room Group

how can i loose weight?:(

i need help and motivation
Reply 1
Do you want to lose weight or need to lose weight?

M or F, age, height current and target weights?
Original post by blankfacenoclue

@Surnia might be of better help than I am, but I would consider the following:

Make sure you're eating the appropriate food - it's not just how much you eat, but what you eat

Not all healthy food is healthy

Avoid refined sugars, transfats, heavily fried food

Exercise for up to 1 hour a day working on specific muscle groups in rotation - getting a PT or follow a professional exercise regime is recommended

Focus on weight based exercises and less on cardio - you would be surprised

Weight is not the same thing as fat

You want a balanced diet and lifestyle - going to extremes is not only unsustainable, but it will likely work against you e.g. you need enough food, not little food; you need adequate sleep and rest

Light weight/skinny is not the same thing as being healthy

Extreme weightloss is detrimental and can work against your looks (if aesthetics matter to you)

Reply 3
Original post by blankfacenoclue

Hi, What do you think about fast weight loss without exercise, see more here
While exercise can be helpful for weight loss, it is possible to lose weight without it. Here are some tips to help you lose weight quickly without exercise:

Reduce your calorie intake: To lose weight, you need to create a calorie deficit. This means you need to consume fewer calories than you burn. You can achieve this by reducing your calorie intake. Aim to eat healthy, whole foods that are low in calories.

Eat more protein: Protein is an important nutrient for weight loss because it helps to keep you feeling full and satisfied. Aim to include protein in every meal and snack.

Drink water: Drinking water can help to boost your metabolism and reduce your appetite. Aim to drink at least 8 glasses of water per day.

Cut back on carbs: Reducing your intake of carbohydrates can help to reduce your overall calorie intake and promote weight loss.

Get enough sleep: Lack of sleep has been linked to weight gain. Aim to get 7-8 hours of sleep per night.

It's important to note that while it's possible to lose weight quickly without exercise, it's not recommended to lose weight too quickly, as this can be unhealthy and unsustainable in the long term. It's always best to aim for a slow and steady weight loss of 1-2 pounds per week.

Quick Reply

Latest