The Student Room Group

Weight loss

What causes unexpected weight loss.
Original post by Anonymous
What causes unexpected weight loss.

"Causes of unintentional weight loss

Unintentional weight loss has many different causes.

It might be caused by a stressful event like a divorce, losing a job, or the death of a loved one. It can also be caused by malnutrition, a health condition or a combination of things.

Some causes of unintentional weight loss include:

mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
problems with digestion, such as coeliac disease or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
other health conditions, such as an overactive thyroid, type 2 diabetes or heart failure

Sometimes weight loss can be caused by cancer. It's important to get it checked if you're losing weight without trying."

Source: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/unintentional-weight-loss
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
"Causes of unintentional weight loss

Unintentional weight loss has many different causes.

It might be caused by a stressful event like a divorce, losing a job, or the death of a loved one. It can also be caused by malnutrition, a health condition or a combination of things.

Some causes of unintentional weight loss include:

mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, eating disorders and obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
problems with digestion, such as coeliac disease or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
other health conditions, such as an overactive thyroid, type 2 diabetes or heart failure

Sometimes weight loss can be caused by cancer. It's important to get it checked if you're losing weight without trying."

Source: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/unintentional-weight-loss

Is height a factor I lost a ton load of weight during COVID 19 I would work day and night come home and go straight to sleep barely even eating anything. Being a “key-worker”.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Is height a factor I lost a ton load of weight during COVID 19 I would work day and night come home and go straight to sleep barely even eating anything. Being a “key-worker”.

I think the working day and night, and barely eating anything is a much bigger factor.....
Reply 4
Original post by Dnsnnssn
I think the working day and night, and barely eating anything is a much bigger factor.....

As a result of the heat the bones to my body aches and I have a temperature.

Quick Reply

Latest