The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
: ( We have got inches and inches of the stuff - is fab! Haven't seen snow like it since I was about five! x
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
If you put open application for college, so they bung you somewhere (pending interview), any chance of asking to be somewhere else?
Also the letter sounded like the college wanted to interview student more than the department.
where were u ganna be put?

If its one of the more popular ones then, Id say quite possibly. But if you were shoved in Joesphine Butler or another less popular colege I don't think so. I think they put open applicants were they see fit. I applied open too and still have heard nothing (again hopefully will get an offer from imperial so wont have to worry), but I think if u apply open they don't think u care which college ur put.
Reply 23
St Cuths Society, apparently where nobody applies to.
With being in full time work I was struggling to find time to pick 6 unis, Durham is the only collegic one.

Reading bout the 4 St Cuths sites they look fairly good, but would be easier to look at all the colleges now as it's in my top 3 unis, not my shortlisted 15.
No butler isn't that bad. Its all new though which is one of the reasons it has a low applicancy. Personally I wouldn't mind going to St Cuthberts (but it does take away the harry potter feel from durham). I like new stuff anf it would probably be lighter, airy and warmer than the older colleges.

Thanks whoever rep me :smile:
Reply 25
Cuths is really no different to any other college, apart from the name.

Latest