Join the Forum Helper TeamWatch
If you use TSR regularly, why not join our team? The Forum Specialist team is a group of proactive people, set out to help others while simultaneously having a rewarding experience. We’re growing our team of TSR members who work together to help students across the UK, supporting them in their studies and their personal lives. In doing so, you will be part of an amazing team, learn new skills, develop as a person, meet new people on exclusive meet-ups while making a real difference to the lives of students.
We’re looking for committed, enthusiastic and mature members who want to roll up their sleeves and get stuck in with making TSR a better site for all students. If you have a particular interest or expertise in a given topic or subject across TSR, a positive outlook and you are a real people person, please get in touch.
Why you should join…
- Take a leading role in facilitating discussion and nurturing a community within a forum around a subject / topic you care about to help set its tone.
- Work together to develop and organise projects on TSR, for example Grow Your Grades, Uni Advice and the Transformation Contest.
- Welcome new people and help them settle into the community.
- Help make TSR a friendlier, more useful place by actively offering advice and help to members.
- Keep the forum tidy by moving misplaced threads and help members by responding to unanswered questions.
- Develop the community further by engaging with users that are drifting away.
Some of the perks…
- Becoming part of a friendly team as a force of positivity and support in people’s lives by helping them through their tough student years.
- Taking part in a fun and life changing experience, where people make friendships, build relationships and develop as people.
- Seeing the impact of your work with data on how your user base grows and how often they engage.
- Building new skills in an advisory and social media role for the UK's No.1 Education website, read by 8 million people per month.
- Coming on exclusive team meets (for 18+ Volunteer Team members - in the past we’ve gone to Centre Parcs, country mansions, luxury hotels and cruises down the Thames!)
- Receiving training on various topics including: university application advice from UCAS; offering peer support from Nightline; and editorial feedback on articles and blogs from our Editor.
To become a Forum Helper, you must be:
Aged 14 +
Able to demonstrate a good understanding of the community guidelines
Able to commit to making regular contributions on site.
(NB - if you progress to becoming part of the Volunteer Team or attend events in person, you'll then be required to undergo a DBS check)
To apply, post in our Forum Helper Applications forum outlining which forum you would like to help out in and why: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=361
I should keep my secret thread unlocking abilities secret....
- Political Ambassador
- Study Helper
Also, I’ve changed the title of this thread to ‘Join the Community Assistant team’
It would be great to be on a team with such amazing people, also someday I hope to meet some
Nothing better than helping others to be happy and comfortable especially those who arent in the best positions or perhaps struggling through their current life.
I appreciate all the work this little community does to help others despite the odd trolls here and there
Nice to see its still volunteer based