The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Matter of opinon. I suggest maxing out your laptop, rather than getting a powerbook
Reply 2
This question is rather like saying which is best a BMW 5 series or Mecedes E class, its a matter of opinion.
Reply 3
I'd say go for the mac - but I would :biggrin: I'd never get anything but a mac because they're easy to use and very reliable and also not suseptable (sp - how do you spell that word?) to viruses and stuff. Anything you want from a computer you can do it easily on a mac...

ok I'm going to shut up now :biggrin:
Reply 4
http://www.uk-learning.net/t44715-3.html
Read the linked thread. IMHO, there is little between the two machines at the higher-middle to top end. Unless that is you are a...I wont continue because it will be a repetition of what is in the other thread.
Reply 5
me!
I'd say go for the mac - but I would :biggrin: I'd never get anything but a mac because they're easy to use and very reliable and also not suseptable (sp - how do you spell that word?) to viruses and stuff. Anything you want from a computer you can do it easily on a mac...

ok I'm going to shut up now :biggrin:

Don't listen to me! she is highly biased:biggrin:
The Macs have beauty and personality.
Reply 7
I would go for the PowerBook though, mmm titanium.
Reply 8
amazingtrade
Don't listen to me! she is highly biased:biggrin:

why of course :biggrin:

But that also says something about macs, doesn't it? :biggrin:
Reply 9
me!

why of course :biggrin:

Yes that you fancy Steve Jobs :biggrin:
Reply 10
me!

Used by graphics designers and people who try to look "cool" because they have a "mac"
Reply 11
Used by graphics designers and people who try to look "cool" because they have a "mac"

Its just historicly reasons they are used for graphics now, I know the printers at university use both as both PCs and Macs because they both advantages.
Reply 12
amazingtrade
Its just historicly reasons they are used for graphics now, I know the printers at university use both as both PCs and Macs because they both advantages.
Hmm well maybe, but professional designers (ie an office of over 200 people) swears by them, and I don't blame them. Also famous designers use macs as well, but not retail macs, I mean beasted up macs that are worth over £5,000
it depends what it is for- for example if it is for uni, i would say get a pc laptop because it will be easier to share files between the university computers and your computers etc. if not then it probably doesn't really matter- the macs do look very nice!! :rolleyes:
Reply 14

Yes I have a mac because I want to look cool :confused: Nothing to do with the fact that I've been using them since I was 3 or 4 back in the old days of the centris 610, and we've only ever had macs since we got our first one. They're also really good for using programs like photoshop, freehand, quark xpress, in design etc all of which I use and have done since I was quite young... Macs are extremely easy to use, reliable, fast, user friendly and also also asthetically pleasing...

Not to mention the fact that Steve Jobs is infact one sexy thang :wink:
Reply 15
For our design module we get taught on EMACs running Mac OS X and I do admit the colour is a lot more realistic than it is on PCs. I cannot get used to the no right click though.
me!

Nothing to do with the fact that I've been using them since I was 3 or 4 back in the old days of the centris 610, and we've only ever had macs since we got our first one.

*sigh*

I pine for the good old days when we had Acorns and Macs.
Reply 17
I my first PC I really used was an IBM PC. I had a Commodore C64 before this which I learn't BASIC programming on, even at the age 8 and 9 I had to interest in the games, just communicating with the computer.

I got my first PC in 1993 which I learn't QBASIC on but I was never clever enough to go as far as C++:mad:
Reply 18
amazingtrade
I my first PC I really used was an IBM PC. I had a Commodore C64 before this which I learn't BASIC programming on, even at the age 8 and 9 I had to interest in the games, just communicating with the computer.

I got my first PC in 1993 which I learn't QBASIC on but I was never clever enough to go as far as C++:mad:

Our very, very first computer was the old BBC (does anyone remember them?) and when I was about 3 or 4 we got the centris... Even when I was 7 years old I remember arguing with this boy at school about pcs and macs, guess which side I was on? Strangely enough now he has a mac...
Reply 19
I do like Macs but I just could never see me owning one as my main PC, I like to able to take computers apart, all the PCs we have in the house I have been built by me.

I want a nice 128K Apple Macintosh Plus with the 9" mono screen. I have fond memories of the first PowerMacs from when I was at an interim school.

Latest

Trending

Trending