The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Laptop and material for uni

What is the best laptop to use for September and what is the best one to use In lectures?

Is there any recommended programs to use for note taking?
Reply 1
Original post by Chezer1483
What is the best laptop to use for September and what is the best one to use In lectures?

most ppl just get a mac, my older brother (uni) also uses a mac, so i would probably recommend a mac, and maybe an ipad to jot down some notes if u cba typing
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I have a Macbook but honestly, you don't need a very good laptop. You'll be more than fine with a basic laptop, just make sure it has desktop office applications rather than just cloud based office. (So that means I wouldn't recommend a Chromebook etc).
Mac has a piddly 20% global market share, barely anyone buys macs. Students buy them for the logo and the perceived social benefits of owning one. A £300 - £500 laptop is more than adequate to use MS Word, ******* shocking I know.
Reply 4
Original post by random_matt
Mac has a piddly 20% global market share, barely anyone buys macs. Students buy them for the logo and the perceived social benefits of owning one. A £300 - £500 laptop is more than adequate to use MS Word, ******* shocking I know.

Haha for sure. I'm actually quite jealous of anyone using a surface pro... I want one, but I'm stuck with this bloody mac.
Original post by Chezer1483

Always the Mac https://amzn.to/44Bqugq

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending