The Student Room Group

arrgh!!!!

Hi! I really need some help with my course options-Im thinking of taking drama but theres a part of me taht says drama's an 'arty and useless' subject and makes me think i should take something more serious, get a 'proper' degree under my belt. But I dont know if i want to!! this is driving me mad as i genuinely cant decide what to do with my future.
I am doing an art course atm, took a levels in art french and chemistry, and am interested in cultures, landmarks, history, social interactions, all sorts of stuff. Bu the art course this year hs really thrown me... i just need some help because Im scared my indecisiveness will stop me from ever getting to uni!

:miles:
Drama doesn't have to be a 'arty and useless subject'. Many of the top universities in the country offer it as a subject (Warwick, Bristol and Manchester for example) and I hope I am right in saying that these degrees would be respected and highly regarded. Do you have any idea what you might want to do with your degree or what you want to get out of it. I am doing Theatre and Performance Studies at the moment and it isn't what I thought it would be at time but I love it. Not much practical work as in actually producing theatre but then that isn't what I want to do. Mine is a degree which covers the areas you mentioned like cultures, history and social interactions but from the performance point of view obviously, have studied the religious focus of Asian theatre for example. Very interesting to have studied the progressions from art in its traditional painting on a canvas sense to live art/interdisiplinary art to performance art.

What other options have you thought about?
Reply 2
Ive applied for combined studies at manchester,combined arts at durham, french and theatre at glasgow, drama at royal holloway and french and philosophy at edinburgh. edinburgh sounds the most appealing uni tho its a shame they dont have drama as a course, but im also hoping i get an offer from holloway. as i said tho the art course is very eye-opening and i may include an art course as my last option through route b. i am just reslly feeling the pressure of makingthe right choice atm-after all whatever you choose to do will have major impact on the rest of your life!
Reply 3
dear god what on earth did you write on your personal statement?!

Latest