The Student Room Group

Average IB score of Oxford students?

I know they say their minimum score is 38 with 666 at HL, but what's the average score of successful applicants, as it's quite unlikely they'd go for the bare minimum.
Reply 1
Most courses have the typical offer listed under the requirements section. As far as I am aware Oxford does not tend to deviate from the listed scores much. My offer ended up being 39 with 666 at HL which is exactly what was stated on the webpage :smile:
Original post by notbritt
Most courses have the typical offer listed under the requirements section. As far as I am aware Oxford does not tend to deviate from the listed scores much. My offer ended up being 39 with 666 at HL which is exactly what was stated on the webpage :smile:

OP is asking what the average score is for a successful IB applicant.
Reply 3
Original post by colourtheory
OP is asking what the average score is for a successful IB applicant.

Indeed, I misread. I can't recall seeing info about the average scores of the successful applicants anywhere, though.
Original post by notbritt
Indeed, I misread. I can't recall seeing info about the average scores of the successful applicants anywhere, though.

I remember once seeing a whole document on it, but I can't find it.
They don't give it as part of the admissions stats they release. You can look at the A-level stats and probably extrapolate some conclusion though –*that lots of people end up getting much higher than their conditional offer!
Reply 6

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending