The Student Room Group

How long did you revise?

Poll

How long did you revise in a day?

In a day?
Reply 1
I crammed all my revision into a couple of days which was a complete no brainer coz there was jist too much
two days prior to each exam

don't do that lol
Last minute.
Not long enough...
Reply 5
Anybody got a rough idea of how much hours they put in a day?
Last minute master race
like for or five, mainly the day before whoops!!! Trust me revise plenty beforehand even if you cba. It will worth it in the end! Take it your doing them next year:smile:
Reply 8
During study leave I mimicked school hours, so revised about 7 hours with short breaks, mostly started cramming few days before the exam then went over everything the day before...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 9
About 2 hours 2 days before and then 4 hours the night before
For GCSE you're besst of revising closer to the exams rather than starting from day one. I revised two days before each exam, but I highly recommend you don't do that!

Also try your best to revise for your mocks, it will help in many ways, trust me.
Original post by 0lut0
In a day?

For GCSEs...
In January, I did 1-2 hours a day (not every day) for my mocks, getting 5A* 2A (they merged science and didn't include English lit).

I stopped revising until April due to the need for a tonne of art coursework to improve my grade.

In April, I did 1-6 hours per day depending on my mood and how close I was to my exams.

About 2 weeks before the exams I did 2-5 hours, and every night before a particular paper, I just revised for that/those paper/s for 1-3 hours per subject (depending on my confidence).

For A-levels...
I made some revision resources from September to January. I started revising in March for an hour a day. In April, I did about 1-4 hours a day, and in May and June I was doing 1-5 hours a day. For me, that was more than enough :sleep:
4 weeks before but I had to do intensive revision I should have started a week or 2 earlier. Not sure how many hours but all day but I procrastinated loads. The night before I would do a past paper and go over my weak points of that topic. Could you add a poll to this please?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
Bump!
Added a poll for more accurate results.
Reply 14
Original post by swagmister
4 weeks before but I had to do intensive revision I should have started a week or 2 earlier. Not sure how many hours but all day but I procrastinated loads. The night before I would do a past paper and go over my weak points of that topic. Could you add a poll to this please?

Bump!
lol honestly for my afternoon exams i would revise in the morning on the day of the exam. for my morning ones i would revise a day before
Erm, dedicated the entire night before the exam (for most of them).

Posted from TSR Mobile
revise?
night before and day of exam.
Short term memory amirite?

Quick Reply

Latest