The Student Room Group

Russell Group or better reputation, non RG uni?

Basically I want to go to a university quite near to home with a good reputation. I'm considering Liverpool as one city as I live in Manchester. I believe I'm going to get something like AAB on results day and University of Liverpool requires this but has a lower student satisfaction rating on uni stats than the other uni I am considering, Liverpool John Moores, which also happens to rate higher for business (what I want to do) on the Guardian Uni Rating system than UOL. Liverpool John Moores only requires BCC grades. So my dilemma is go to a university where the students seem more fulfilled and the business school has a better reputation yet is looked down on sometimes for not being Russell Group and I will be highly exceeding the entry requirements or go to a university which has the prestige of being RG and only accepting students more academically accomplished yet not as satisfying for students it seems?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by sophiefm
Basically I want to go to a university quite near to home with a good reputation. I'm considering Liverpool as one city as I live in Manchester. I believe I'm going to get something like AAB on results day and University of Liverpool requires this but has a lower student satisfaction rating on uni stats than the other uni I am considering, Liverpool John Moores, which also happens to rate higher for business (what I want to do) on the Guardian Uni Rating system than UOL. Liverpool John Moores only requires BCC grades. So my dilemma is go to a university where the students seem more fulfilled and the business school has a better reputation yet is looked down on sometimes for not being Russell Group and I will be highly exceeding the entry requirements or go to a university which has the prestige of being RG and only accepting students more academically accomplished yet not as satisfying for students it seems?

Does John Moores even have a strong business reputation? League table rankings do not indicate this, especially the guardian. Best thing to do is look at the course itself, visit the universities and see which one you prefer. If you think you will enjoy the next 3-4years at John Moores then i would go there but overall the university of Liverpool is a more reputable university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending