The Student Room Group

I got bad predicted grades but i still want to apply to a russel group Uni.

So i recently got my predicted grade results and they were pretty bad. ‘ABD’, I’m still looking to study at a russel group university so i want to know if in the case i surpass my predicted should i apply through clearing. Although, i’m not exactly sure how clearing works or if it’s a good option for me. I’m looking to take an economics/finance related degree in either the university of bath or warwick.
Reply 1
Bear in mind, in the non-TSR and non-academic world, a lot of employers don't care if a university is Russell Group.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by hxxcuklw
So i recently got my predicted grade results and they were pretty bad. ‘ABD’, I’m still looking to study at a russel group university so i want to know if in the case i surpass my predicted should i apply through clearing. Although, i’m not exactly sure how clearing works or if it’s a good option for me. I’m looking to take an economics/finance related degree in either the university of bath or warwick.

You seem the care more about the reputation of the russel group uni than the actual course. Go look at finance and economic degrees at other universities first.
Since your in year 13, clearing for you starts on results day if you: have no offers, missed the condition of your offer (your grades were lower their offer), or you rejected your offer on results day.
See
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/apply/clearing/guide-to-clearing
As above, plus consider a gap year if you do well.
Original post by hxxcuklw

Firstly the RG means nothing. As an example Bath one of your favoured universities is not in the RG.

Secondly leading universities like Bath and Warwick dont tend to offer Economics in clearing.

I would suggest applying to Bath or Warwick as your risk university along with a couple of universities asking ABB or BBB. They might make you a reach offer or they might reject you. The key issue with Economics/Finance is your Maths grade.

Universities asking BBB will normally end up in clearing accepting slightly lower grades but you do need to try and raise the D grade to give you better choice
Reply 5
*Russell
Reply 6
Original post by swanseajack1
Firstly the RG means nothing. As an example Bath one of your favoured universities is not in the RG.

Secondly leading universities like Bath and Warwick dont tend to offer Economics in clearing.

I would suggest applying to Bath or Warwick as your risk university along with a couple of universities asking ABB or BBB. They might make you a reach offer or they might reject you. The key issue with Economics/Finance is your Maths grade.

Universities asking BBB will normally end up in clearing accepting slightly lower grades but you do need to try and raise the D grade to give you better choice

There’s nothing i can do to raise my predicted D, my only other options are to surpass my predicted grades for the real thing. In that case, despite wanting to study at bath/warwick should i not consider them at all as options for applying to universities through clearling? I already have safe options in mind in the case that i’m unable to surpass my predicted and i’ll be applying to those through ucas.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending