The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

This is probably not very helpful but if you have one copy already could you photocopy it in colour at the library? Although that is probably expensive too? I think anywhere for A3 colour will be quite expensive though, and failing all else I would have suggested Prontaprint too. Sorry if that isn't much help!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Jelkin
... colour A3 printing? Someone suggested ITS as being the cheapest but is it closed at weekends? If so, does anyone know anywhere else? There's Prontaprint, but I asked there the other day and the lady said it'd cost between £30 and £40 for 20 sheets. Eek!

I think it'll be open, but if not, there might be a place on Claypath? Maybe I'm imagining that though...
Reply 3
To be honest Jelkin that's the amount of money you're going to have to spend!!! A3 colour copies are expenseeeeve!

Try (although apparantly more expensive than Prontaprint) Alphagraphics on the top floor of the Geography Annex (the right hand side bit of the bit metal building on the Science Site).

Otherwise yeah - do colour photocopies in the library?
Reply 4
It's okay, I'm going to use ITS on Monday morning - tomorrow night I'll do some A4 coloured ones and some A3 black and whites. They'll have to do. Arrrrgh, I am crapping myself about husting - I wrote down what I want to say but there's so much of it!
Reply 5
Let me guess....election posters?

been there done that.....
Reply 6
Castle Exec candidates aren't allowed to put up posters. This is probably the reason why.
Reply 7
I'm allowed to put them up after my hust when voting starts - I can campaign till Thursday when voting finishes. Kind of wish it were banned because it's causing me lots of stress :frown: Later I'm going to make little pyramid things to put on the dining hall tables. *sigh*
Reply 8
Becca
Castle Exec candidates aren't allowed to put up posters. This is probably the reason why.

Ditto, it kind of says "the candidate with the most money will have the best chance" :rolleyes:
Reply 9
It's true, because there are blatantly people out there who will just vote for the person with the prettiest posters. If I were a JCR member at HildBede I'd propose a motion to change it so that posters aren't allowed.
Reply 10
dobbs
Ditto, it kind of says "the candidate with the most money will have the best chance" :rolleyes:

thats why we have a reasonable limit that you can spend on posters (£10)
Reply 11
6+6=6
thats why we have a reasonable limit that you can spend on posters (£10)

How do they enforce/know this? :confused:

Surely it would be better to just say "no posters!"?
Reply 12
IIRC at mildert there were posters in every set of toilets, and that was the only place that they were...
They're just the manifestos though, right? I can't say that for any elections so far this year that I've seen any additional posters / advertising of the candidates other than their manifestos.
Reply 14
It gets worse. The other candidates for treasurer have massive A2 coloured posters. WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THE MONEY FROM? I'm spending way too much as it is, on a few coloured A3 ones. One guy has really professional laminated posters.

On the upside, my posters are way better in concept and design. They rock! Sadly you don't notice them next to the campaigning extravaganza that everyone else has :frown:
3 candidates for treasurer? You must have very enthusiastic people in Hild Bede. We had 3 positions with no candidates the other day
Reply 16
Jelkin
It gets worse. The other candidates for treasurer have massive A2 coloured posters. WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THE MONEY FROM? I'm spending way too much as it is, on a few coloured A3 ones. One guy has really professional laminated posters.

On the upside, my posters are way better in concept and design. They rock! Sadly you don't notice them next to the campaigning extravaganza that everyone else has :frown:

That sounds really unfair. I would DEFINITELY consider proposing a motion to stop this.

And Steve, we had 3 candidates for treasurer this year too! Only 2 each for Senior and Vice-Senior Man, which is pretty weird, as I think last year there were 5 candidates for each of those positions.
Perhaps Mildert is just more apathetic then :s-smilie:
Reply 18
Itchynscratchy
3 candidates for treasurer? You must have very enthusiastic people in Hild Bede. We had 3 positions with no candidates the other day

Dammit, I knew I should've gone for Senior DSU Rep!

...But I know F all about the DSU.
Reply 19
We only had one guy for Deputy President and one girl for Ents Officer and 2 for Welfare Officer. Why does everyone want to be Treasurer? I thought I'd be the only one. *sigh*

I think the motion should be proposed, but if I do it it'll be after I've lost and it will seem like I'm blaming my loss on the poster campaigns.

Latest