The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
...But I know F all about the DSU.

I wasn't aware that ever stopped anyone.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 21
Jelkin
It gets worse. The other candidates for treasurer have massive A2 coloured posters. WHERE ARE THEY GETTING THE MONEY FROM? I'm spending way too much as it is, on a few coloured A3 ones. One guy has really professional laminated posters.

On the upside, my posters are way better in concept and design. They rock! Sadly you don't notice them next to the campaigning extravaganza that everyone else has :frown:

some serious advice, its all about the personal touch. posters are great to get your face out there and get known, but you'll get more votes by talking to random people about why you really want to do it and why you're the best, as well as what you will actually do
Reply 22
Jelkin
We only had one guy for Deputy President and one girl for Ents Officer and 2 for Welfare Officer. Why does everyone want to be Treasurer? I thought I'd be the only one. *sigh*

I think the motion should be proposed, but if I do it it'll be after I've lost and it will seem like I'm blaming my loss on the poster campaigns.

for some reason, and I can only say this about my college, but my opinion is that there is some irrational attraction and fear of all things money related.
Reply 23
I suppose I can see why. The other candidates blatantly only want it for their CV, though - Jess Clempner actually put on her posters that she wants to go into IB.

I bought a load of red card today to make into little pyramids to put on the dining hall tables. If I write on them by hand (with my nice handwriting), will it be nice and handmade or just a bit unprofessional looking?
Reply 24
Nice and handmade! Little pyramid things sound like an awesome idea and I think they'd make you stand out. People woud be like "....oh yeah, she's the one who put out those cute little pyramids on the tables". Go for it, I know I'd appreciate it. :biggrin:
Reply 25
Becca
Nice and handmade! Little pyramid things sound like an awesome idea and I think they'd make you stand out. People woud be like "....oh yeah, she's the one who put out those cute little pyramids on the tables". Go for it, I know I'd appreciate it. :biggrin:

The thing is is that it depends on the candidate!

I know for a FACT that if someone that no-one in college liked did that, people would be like "What a loser spending all of his time doing that, haha"

But if the person is liked by people then it will be more like your response! :biggrin:
Reply 26
Ha ha, true. The pyramids are awesomely made because I'm obsessive and a perfectionist. However, because that took so long, the writing is kind of crappy. Oh well.

Latest