The Student Room Group

Oxford MA International Relations

Hi forum!!

I'm new here so firstly I'd like to apologise if i have posted in the wrong place. I have been reading posts on TSR for a long time as a non registered user (aka lurker) and have now decided that I need your expertise in my application.

I am enquiring regarding my chances of getting into Oxford IR MA for 2016. I know it is highly competitive with 1:10 chance (26 accepted and 259 places) of being accepted but I would still want your advice :smile:

I am currently studying two bachelor degrees in Sweden (one in political science and one in economics). There are some difficulties in assessing grades, in the UK you have the 1:1,2:1,2:2 system, however, we have the regular A,B,C,D etc. I am expected to have above 80% A's in both of my degrees. How does my chances stand with this?

Additionally, I know Oxford's MA is highly geared towards academia but I also have some work experience; I have worked in an embassy for over 1,5 years in the political section, that is, not looking at passport and other boring work :tongue:

Adding to this, I speak three languages fluently and intermediate french and arabic which I have taught myself.

So this is what I have going for me; what do you guys think about my chances? Is it even worth an application or is it unnecessary spent time? Also I have another question: is it an advantage/disadvantage if I can solve funding for myself vis a vis having the school offer me some kind of scholarship? Does the committee even regard this?

Thank you and I apologise once again if I posted in the wrong forum.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending