The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by binkierose

I play a dance game called ITG in arcades. I met him through going to these places - similar interests and all c: if you want mooore detail please ask!

Who approached who? If it was your boyfriend, did you find him speaking to you a bit creepy? Did you ever see yourself dating him?
Reply 21
Original post by alexschmalex
It's gross either way imo....it's not like you suddenly mentally blossom when you turn 18

It is gross.
I

Define hate? I mean, some people don't agree but then they see us together, they get to know us both properly, and they understand why we're pretty much perfect for eachother:P

But it's not a year ago c:

Like looks on the street etc? How do you deal with it? :h:
Gross? How so? I personally don't believe you can make an informed decision on whether or not it's gross without knowing both parties personally.

I think it's funny that you think a 16 year old's decision to date a 36 year old is "informed."
Reply 24
No. It'll end badly don't even bother with it tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 25
It got deleted the first time.

Personal opinion, I suppose?

Not at all. I am very confident in our relationship, especially considering everything we've been through to actually be together. Even if we do break up, I'm not a bitter person, I'd try to keep the friendship going at the very least.

Define hate? I mean, some people don't agree but then they see us together, they get to know us both properly, and they understand why we're pretty much perfect for eachother:P

But it's not a year ago c:

I know you'll probably ignore this but you're young and have your whole life ahead of you. Judging from your avatar, you are a pretty girl and certainly aren't going to run out of guys to date. if he makes you happy that's great, but as a long term thing you should think clearly about this. Would you be okay with being 30 when he's 50..? Would you want your children (if you have any) have an old aged dad that cant play football with them?
Reply 26
Original post by Ndella
Who approached who? If it was your boyfriend, did you find him speaking to you a bit creepy? Did you ever see yourself dating him?

I approached him! I pretty much demanded he taught me to be as good at him at the game! I had a bit of a crush on him from the moment I saw him!

Original post by missaxo
Like looks on the street etc? How do you deal with it? :h:

I've actually had people come up to me saying how cute and happy we look together! People do get shocked when we tell them our ages, but they usually go on to say that they're surprised at how alike we are considering the age gap. If I do get any negativity, I tend to just ignore it. It's rare and usually from people who don't know us.
Gross? How so? I personally don't believe you can make an informed decision on whether or not it's gross without knowing both parties personally.

And I personally don't believe people his age should be looking for or even entertaining notions of being involved with people your age, to me it speaks volumes about the type of guy he is. But we're all entitled to our opinions :smile:
Reply 28
Original post by arfah
I know you'll probably ignore this but you're young and have your whole life ahead of you. Judging from your avatar, you are a pretty girl and certainly aren't going to run out of guys to date. if he makes you happy that's great, but as a long term thing you should think clearly about this. Would you be okay with being 30 when he's 50..? Would you want your children (if you have any) have an old aged dad that cant play football with them?

There is absolutely nothing to say that this will last. I'm more than accepting of that. Despite his age and his life experience, he is there to guide me and support me in whatever I decide to do. He knows what my future plans are and he's more than willing to accommodate them. He's often told me that he would never stand in the way of anything I wanted to do in life. I would be more than okay being with him 14 years from now. He will still be the same person I know now, and that's what I love. His age doesn't matter to me, he does.
I'm actually not going to rail on the age gap because I think people are too hung up on it.

My question however is what the aim of this relationship is for you? While I've no issue with your relationship per say, its highly unlikely he's staying with you to marry you.
Reply 30
Original post by alexschmalex
And I personally don't believe people his age should be looking for or even entertaining notions of being involved with people your age, to me it speaks volumes about the type of guy he is. But we're all entitled to our opinions :smile:

Would you complain if it was a 40 year old dating a 60 year old? Most people wouldn't, but it's the same thing. Look at how many celebrities are in age gap relationships - they're perfectly happy!
I approached him! I pretty much demanded he taught me to be as good at him at the game! I had a bit of a crush on him from the moment I saw him!

I've actually had people come up to me saying how cute and happy we look together! People do get shocked when we tell them our ages, but they usually go on to say that they're surprised at how alike we are considering the age gap. If I do get any negativity, I tend to just ignore it. It's rare and usually from people who don't know us.

You seem really happy so I hope everything goes well with you guys :h:
Reply 32
Would you complain if it was a 40 year old dating a 60 year old? Most people wouldn't, but it's the same thing.

It's really not the same thing. I'm glad your happy though.
Ignorance is bliss.
Reply 34
Original post by Rakas21
I'm actually not going to rail on the age gap because I think people are too hung up on it.

My question however is what the aim of this relationship is for you? While I've no issue with your relationship per say, its highly unlikely he's staying with you to marry you.

Why do you say that? Him and I have spoken on various occasions about the future we may have together. We both agree we would be more than happy to spend the rest of our lives together. I think we're very, very strong, considering the amount we've gone through to be together. If either of us had any doubt that it wouldn't last then we wouldn't be together now and wouldn't have dealt with all the **** we had to deal with.
Reply 35
Original post by missaxo
You seem really happy so I hope everything goes well with you guys :h:

I am very happy! And thank you:biggrin:<3

Original post by preetg97
Ignorance is bliss.

Ignorance? How so? I'd prefer to say that ignorance is not wanting to accept two people being happy and in love due to age, despite both parties being legal.
Reply 36
Original post by heidiburness
Does it not kind of bother you that he must like much younger girls that are almost children? I feel like that would bother me

He's never, ever dated someone as young as me - not even close to it. He has an interest in me, not 'almost children'. It's all based on personal interests really - we have so much in common and are so, so similar. We're happy together, and age doesn't stop us being happy.
Is he nearly the same age as your mum or dad? Or uncle etc?

Does he pick you up after you finish school? Lol *no disrespect*

Does he get annoyed if you spend more time on your gcse's than spending time on him?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That is properly, properly, messed up. I wonder if he's done this before? One day they will probably find the bodies in his basement.

If I was your dad you might find your paedophile boyfriend mysteriously disappeared without trace.
In what world is this normal? You were 15 just a few months ago and he was 35 :lolwut:

Latest