The Student Room Group

Mature student starting Biomedical Sciences

Hi all, I'm 35 (36 when uni starts) and have my place accepted at UWE for biomedical sciences. Hoping I may have some other mature students on the course with me??

Amy
Original post by amylous87
Hi all, I'm 35 (36 when uni starts) and have my place accepted at UWE for biomedical sciences. Hoping I may have some other mature students on the course with me??

Amy

I am about the same age as you, thinking of returning to education too. You're not alone. I am looking at Cambridge University ICE part time online courses, among other things. It is not unusual for people in their 30s (or older) to go back to study something new or start over.
Hi, I am 37 and I have applied for Biomedical science in Aberdeen, conditional offer to pass my current year of study at college. This is my second go at University and I am really hoping I won't be the only person in their 30s in my course!
Reply 3
So glad to hear others my age are returning to study aswell 😁 I did my access course at college in 20/21 and applied to uni for 21/22 but didn't get accepted. Got accepted to 2/3 choices this time round so was over the moon with that 😁
Reply 4
I'm also mid-thirties and (hopefully!) starting a medical sciences degree this September! Also hoping I'm not the only thirty-something year old on the course :biggrin:
Hey everyone 🙋🏼

I'm in my early 30's and just finishing my 2nd year of BSc Applied Biomedical Science at Essex university

I got accepted with a conditional offer at both Essex and Suffolk after doing a 1 year CAVA Access to HE Science diploma (DDD) in-person at college.

I did my access course having been out of education for over a decade, and I hadn't studied science since GCSE (did some non relevant AS Levels) and my job history is in hospitality.

It's never too late to get back into it, if I can do it, anybody can!

AMA if you've got any questions about Biomedical Science or the access course

Best wishes
Essex Student Rep - Hayley
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending