The Student Room Group

No holiday with bf

My bf has 3 kids, a flat and , car other expenses. And works very hard. I’m in uni and have 10k savings not working atm though. Anyways I’ve been on 4 holidays since being with him and he’s been on two
. Anyways I always ask him for us to go on holiday but he says he can’t right now because he’s got a lot things to pay for and can’t afford a holiday right now.

Is this something I should consider long term? The fact I can’t go away with him. I like doing nice stuff. I mean I’m 9 years younger than him so it’s different priorities obviously. But should I consider this and take it into consideration if we settled down I may not get the life I want with him? He’s 36 I’m 25

The reason I like our relationship is because he doesn’t stress me out or isn’t toxic. All my other ones have been. It’s very relaxed. ( BTW is this something that is good enough to stay with someone because of)
Reply 1
How come you couldn’t have aligned one of the holidays you’ve had. Only you can weigh up if the relationship’s working. I’d feel the age gap and and life stage difference is a bit of an issue, but who am I to say. Good savings!
Original post by Anonymous
My bf has 3 kids, a flat and , car other expenses. And works very hard. I’m in uni and have 10k savings not working atm though. Anyways I’ve been on 4 holidays since being with him and he’s been on two
. Anyways I always ask him for us to go on holiday but he says he can’t right now because he’s got a lot things to pay for and can’t afford a holiday right now.

Is this something I should consider long term? The fact I can’t go away with him. I like doing nice stuff. I mean I’m 9 years younger than him so it’s different priorities obviously. But should I consider this and take it into consideration if we settled down I may not get the life I want with him? He’s 36 I’m 25

The reason I like our relationship is because he doesn’t stress me out or isn’t toxic. All my other ones have been. It’s very relaxed. ( BTW is this something that is good enough to stay with someone because of)

Hmmm... 36-25=11
Reply 3
Original post by ageshallnot
Hmmm... 36-25=11

Mind you, just snicks inside the 1/2 age + 7 rule
Original post by Zarek
Mind you, just snicks inside the 1/2 age + 7 rule

Ah, there's no such "rule".
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot
Ah, there's no such "rule".

No there isn’t, and as long as the gap isn’t measured in several decades, then there are so many other things that can create problems in a relationship that age is just one detail amongst others. I often found that dating someone your own age was complicated as it introduced an element of competition into the relationship. Who’s at the «better» uni, studying the « better » degree, getting the best job, the higher salary, the best promotions, etc. An age gap can remove certain sources of tension.
Reply 6
Original post by Euapp
I often found that dating someone your own age was complicated as it introduced an element of competition into the relationship. Who’s at the «better» uni, studying the « better » degree, getting the best job, the higher salary, the best promotions, etc. An age gap can remove certain sources of tension.

Wow, I'm a little surprised at this (I suppose I oughtn't be). Sounds awful, who can be arsed with that sort of pettiness?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending