The Student Room Group

My boyfriend is useless

So my bf of 3 years is useless. He doesn't cook, doesn't clean, rarely does anything. If I'm feeling ill I literally have to beg him to feed our dog when I can't do it myself.

Now I know some of you will say why are you still with this man but we have a dog and my bf has threatened me repeatedly that if we break up he doesn't want to see me therefore I won't be able to see our dog.

Sadly I can't take our dog myself as I live in student accommodation.

So for those who know they should leave their useless partner but don't for whatever reason e.g. children, financial stability... how do you deal with a useless partner?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry but to be honest if you’re not happy you need to speak to boyfriend and ask him to help out more around the house etc. if he doesn’t listen and carries on I would leave as he’s not respecting you or listening to how you feel
Reply 2
This is top trolling.

Commenting to get further updates on this tale.
Original post by Ruby2011
Sorry but to be honest if you’re not happy you need to speak to boyfriend and ask him to help out more around the house etc. if he doesn’t listen and carries on I would leave as he’s not respecting you or listening to how you feel

He doesn't listen and I'm sure he doesn't even care. Anything I ask him to do he calls it "jumping through hoops". if we didn't have our dog together I would have left him a while ago
Original post by Quady
This is top trolling.

Commenting to get further updates on this tale.

What about this is trolling? I'm sure this is a platform where I should be able to comfortably seek advice when I need it? Or maybe you're on the wrong platform? Either way if you don't have any advice to give please log out
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
What about this is trolling? I'm sure this is a platform where I should be able to comfortably seek advice when I need it? Or maybe you're on the wrong platform? Either way if you don't have any advice to give please log out

Well you're clearly not comfortable as you've posted as anon.

Advise?

Just wait it out until the dog dies then leave him. Only another 10 years or so, then you can move on with your life.
Original post by Quady
Well you're clearly not comfortable as you've posted as anon.

Advise?

Just wait it out until the dog dies then leave him. Only another 10 years or so, then you can move on with your life.

I am comfortable but I chose I every stupid profile name hence why I'm anon.

I think that's the kick the needed to leave him lol, I'm definitely not doing another 9 years with him. At least he loves are dog but has a weird way of showing it
Well, I guess you have assumed a submissive position and will need to start making demands from him and stop begging for things to get done!
(edited 1 year ago)
Get a family member to take the dog and break up.
Reply 9
Staying together for the dog! Dump him, he’ll probably relent about access when he needs a dog sitter
So my bf of 3 years is useless. He doesn't cook, doesn't clean, rarely does anything. If I'm feeling ill I literally have to beg him to feed our dog when I can't do it myself.

Now I know some of you will say why are you still with this man but we have a dog and my bf has threatened me repeatedly that if we break up he doesn't want to see me therefore I won't be able to see our dog.

Sadly I can't take our dog myself as I live in student accommodation.

So for those who know they should leave their useless partner but don't for whatever reason e.g. children, financial stability... how do you deal with a useless partner?

Just rid of him unless you enjoy being miserable
What's he gonna do withholding the dog from you when you supposedly have to beg him to feed it?
Is he goodlooking though
Original post by Little pecker
Is he goodlooking though

Is that really important?
Original post by EnigmaChess
Is that really important?

Yes
Original post by Little pecker
Is he goodlooking though

Not really. I believe that a great personality makes someone more attractive but because his personality has now become awful, it's caused me to find him less attractive
Original post by toxicgamage56
What's he gonna do withholding the dog from you when you supposedly have to beg him to feed it?

When I'm not there he'll find him but he won't do it on schedule. Dog had to be fed morning and evening but he'll feed him lunch and evening. He loves our dog but he's just too lazy to care for him sometimes
Original post by LegalTom
Well, I guess you have assumed a submissive position and will need to start making demands from him and stop begging for things to get done!

If I demand anything from him he just turns it into an argument. It doesn't help he's 21 and I'm 36 so already he thinks he has that power over me. Today I asked what we was going to cook us (I was trying to see if he'll finally cook) and he said don't demand anything from me. If you want something to eat cook it yourself because I won't be doing it. But whenever I cook myself something and not him he'll cause an argument and ruin the whole day.

Wow after typing my reply I don't even think staying for my dog is worth it. I love my dog but wow I cannot stay with him any much longer
Original post by Admit-One
Get a family member to take the dog and break up.

Sadly that wouldn't be possible, he's a big powerful dog and he requires a lot of attention so my dad wouldn't be able to take him as he works a lot
If I demand anything from him he just turns it into an argument. It doesn't help he's 21 and I'm 36 so already he thinks he has that power over me. Today I asked what we was going to cook us (I was trying to see if he'll finally cook) and he said don't demand anything from me. If you want something to eat cook it yourself because I won't be doing it. But whenever I cook myself something and not him he'll cause an argument and ruin the whole day.

Wow after typing my reply I don't even think staying for my dog is worth it. I love my dog but wow I cannot stay with him any much longer

As a dog lover I can see why feel like you're stuck but it sounds like it's time for you to do what is right for you, otherwise you'll regret it in the future.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending