The Student Room Group

My A-Level options

Hello

I am considering taking further maths instead of economics and i have been looking for a good opinion on what FM maths is like in comparison to normal maths and the work load in comparison to other a levels, any advice and opinions would be greatly apreciated.
Original post by alex19678
Hello

I am considering taking further maths instead of economics and i have been looking for a good opinion on what FM maths is like in comparison to normal maths and the work load in comparison to other a levels, any advice and opinions would be greatly apreciated.

What do you think you might like to study at university and what grade did you get in maths at GCSE?
Reply 2
Original post by Mr M
What do you think you might like to study at university and what grade did you get in maths at GCSE?

Hello

At GCSE i got an A star and at university I may go on a physics course or a mathematical based course, eg; Finance
Original post by alex19678
Hello

At GCSE i got an A star and at university I may go on a physics course or a mathematical based course, eg; Finance

FM is massively more useful than economics for physics. In fact, economics would be of no use at all for that pathway.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr M
FM is massively more useful than economics for physics. In fact, economics would be of no use at all for that pathway.

Thank you for your advice

Quick Reply

Latest