The Student Room Group

picking a level subjects

I am currently picking my A-levels options, my main options are Bio and Chem as I want to do medicine at Uni but I don't know if I should pick Econ or psychology for my third option, I find both equally interesting but I am worried about the overload in content for psychology. Which one would be the most doable? (btw I'm also picking Spanish as a 4th)
Original post by mimi2710
I am currently picking my A-levels options, my main options are Bio and Chem as I want to do medicine at Uni but I don't know if I should pick Econ or psychology for my third option, I find both equally interesting but I am worried about the overload in content for psychology. Which one would be the most doable? (btw I'm also picking Spanish as a 4th)
why Spanish?

why economics and psychology?

just want to here you thought process for these subjects
Reply 2
Original post by jacksmith23
why Spanish?
why economics and psychology?
just want to here you thought process for these subjects
Spanish mainly because it’s a helpful subject that I am very good at, so if I ever decide to switch to a more essay based or communication based subject at degree level I have a base to go off. As for psychology I’ve always found our minds and how they function in response to different situations very interesting so going into depth would be very fascinating , I feel as though I would enjoy this subject as I also tend to overanalyse different behaviours that I see from other people and myself. For economics, it’s mostly the ethical part and the organisational and societal structure of a subjects that attracts me to it, I’m currently doing business studies in GCSEs and I enjoy it so I feel as though economics would be a great options. It’s also a compromise for the “mathematical” element that a lot of unis look for when applying for medicine. As I don’t want to pick maths, economics would be the next best thing.
doing bio, chem and psch are a very popular choice to do. Many people I know do it, there is alot of content but theres going to be an overload of content for any subject.
No one needs 4 A levels - AAA will be better than AABB.
A couple of people at my school who've applied for medicine are doing biology, chem and Spanish and are enjoying it.
If you are set on doing 4, psychology might be the better option as it links nicely with bio and chem

Quick Reply

Latest