The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

I'm waiting on my two references too! One should be done tonight as she's a teacher who's my friend so I'm lucky I have her to pick her brains about anything teaching related at any time! :smile:

It's the one from my old course leader I'm feeling will take time... :frown:
Original post by silence will fall
Feel like I'm being incredibly stupid but...

For the application, where you put all your modules in, for first year modules that didn't count, how do you show that they didn't count? Or do you act as if they did?

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

They didn't matter for your degree classification, but they did matter to your learning and the number of credits for your degree.

Standard degrees are made up with (if my memory serves) 300 credits, a honours degree is made up of 360 credits.

Either way you spent a year learning those modules, use them.
Original post by mmerain
Yay! Congrats! When is it?

I'm still waiting for one reference but it was half-term so she didn't check her mail until yesterday evening. She'll probably do it by Wednesday but still, I can't wait! :s-smilie:

Original post by daisyhuang1230
Congrats! Which Uni? Good luck with that!

Original post by gentlegiant
Congrats and good luck. What subject?

Original post by *tango*
Excellent!! :bigsmile:

I'm still waiting for my references like many others here :s-smilie:

Original post by Adam020020
Congratulation mate ... Which university ?

Thanks all -- it's Chemistry at UWE

The interview states I have to do a 3 minute presentation on "Something interesting in Science" Any ideas?
Original post by Lambert87

The interview states I have to do a 3 minute presentation on "Something interesting in Science" Any ideas?

I would say something you find interesting so then your presentation will be more passionate?

When is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimbles
I would say something you find interesting so then your presentation will be more passionate?

When is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Next Wednesday :eek3::eek3::eek3:

Regardless of which topic you chose : they want to see passion, euthanism and confidence.

Next Weds??! Blimey!

Even though I'm by no means expecting an interview I had kinda envisaged next Easter for some reason...would be a bit stressful were it to be next week!

Well done anyway that man!

So has anyone else applied for School Direct Salaried in the end?
Way to go Lambert!

---

I'm starting to worry about my second reference now. I've got my skills tests booked this month, in just over 2 weeks.

I think I'll hassle him once he's had the request for a week. I'm hoping that he'll do it sooner though.
Thanks
Original post by daisyhuang1230
Hi Niyo, I replied before but somehow the web told me that my answer has to be "reviewed" before they can post it - weird.
I practiced online before I did the actual test. Go to practice.skillstestbooking.com and you can find some samples there.
Of course the real one is different from the samples but it helps you get familiar with the formation of the tests.
The comprehension bit wasn't that difficult for me because I've done quite a few English tests to prove my proficiency(such as GCSE and IELTS) for applying for the course.Therefore, I'm prepared on that front.
What I found tricky was the spelling bit. They were so different from the ones appeared in the practice samples. I had to spell words like: nauseous,statistician,entrepreneur... I don't know how good you are at spelling but they are difficult words for me as you may miss out one or two letters easily.
One thing I found useful about the samples online is that they help you lot with the “punctuation" part.
Good luck!

Good luck!! Choose any topic that you are very confident at!

I know nothing beyond the basics about Chemistry, but I'd go with a recent development in the field you find interesting. That way you get the double whammy of passion and up to date knowledge.
Hoping I get the freedom to do a presentation on a topic of my choice, got black holes or special relativity lined up.
Original post by Adam020020
I'm in the exact same boat as well ... Still waiting for one reference, just sent yet another email to him might have to wait till Wednesday and call the guy !

Haha. Had my reference set up, or so I thought, then she said she wouldn't be able to do the whole reference (unsure what she meant!) and asked me for the name of someone else who may able to be a reference, then didn't email back to my reply!

Good luck anyway :smile:
Original post by JaneBaratheon
I know nothing beyond the basics about Chemistry, but I'd go with a recent development in the field you find interesting. That way you get the double whammy of passion and up to date knowledge.

Good advice :-)

Thinking of doing catalytic converters and the whole VW Scandal
Reply 794

It can be anything really I guess. I had a physique and chemistry teacher who was mad about astronomy. It was absolutely fantastic ever time he was talking about it bcs we could see he loved it so much. As long as they can see that in your presentation, you should be fine. And it's broad so you can pick and choose! :biggrin:
Original post by beccatiffany(:
Haha. Had my reference set up, or so I thought, then she said she wouldn't be able to do the whole reference (unsure what she meant!) and asked me for the name of someone else who may able to be a reference, then didn't email back to my reply!

Good luck anyway :smile:

Damn now that's unprofessional, saying Yes and then saying No ... Anyway hope things work out. Are you going into primary or secondary?
BOOM!!!

Got interviews for ALL 3 of my placements :smile: :smile:

YEY!!!!!
BOOM!!!

YEY!!!!!

Well done! You must have had a really strong application! Good luck for your interviews, have they given you much warning before them or are they quite soon?
BOOM!!!

YEY!!!!!

Great news, congratulations. Any word when they are? Any conflicts?

What subject are you chasing?
Original post by Aemiliana
Well done! You must have had a really strong application! Good luck for your interviews, have they given you much warning before them or are they quite soon?

Thank you very much :smile: How is yours coming along?

Original post by gentlegiant
Great news, congratulations. Any word when they are? Any conflicts?

What subject are you chasing?

11th November they all offered me... I had to change two of them:

1. 2nd December
2. 3rd December

All the presentations they want as vastly different too...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending