The Student Room Group

Personal statement

Heyy I haven’t written a personal statement in a very long time! Any tips will be superful
Good on you for writing one!
First, keep it concise. Outline everything you want to, but don't go on and on. You don't really want it to be more than a side of A4.
Talk about
- Why this field?
- Why this employer?
- Notable past experience that's been valuable to you
- Any personal projects you've been working on that are relevant and show that you're a person who's committed to and interested in things

Don't say your whole life story, but do let them know the important interesting things.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by skullgunk04
Good on you for writing one!
First, keep it concise. Outline everything you want to, but don't go on and on. You don't really want it to be more than a side of A4.
Talk about
- Why this field?
- Why this employer?
- Notable past experience that's been valuable to you
- Any personal projects you've been working on that are relevant and show that you're a person who's committed to and interested in things

Don't say your whole life story, but do let them know the important interesting things.

Good luck!

Hello,

Thankyou for this, does this apply for personal statements for uni too? I graduated in my honours in 2016 and now want to do a pgce after gaining some industry experience and basically have no idea where to start 😂
Reply 3
Original post by zqay
Hello,

Thankyou for this, does this apply for personal statements for uni too? I graduated in my honours in 2016 and now want to do a pgce after gaining some industry experience and basically have no idea where to start 😂

No experience applying to a pgce here, but got a masters offer; the above advice applies too. Think about a few words you can use to describe yourself, then give specific and concrete examples that prove how you demonstrated those qualities! All the best c:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending