The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Reply 640
Original post by Atham
Lol. Good luck. For how long are you staying?

Until my interview on Tuesday morning :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
whats the number of interviews they send out and whats the offers they give...anyone any idea...? :?
Reply 642
What are the main differences between healthcare in Scotland and in England?
Original post by saudkhan2508
whats the number of interviews they send out and whats the offers they give...anyone any idea...? :?

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Medical_School_Competition_Ratios

Last year Glasgow had 1888 applicants and 710 interviews for 228 places. It doesn't state yet how many offers they actually gave out though
Original post by Dylan_20

Oh on mine it says 'pending' in the offers column
Original post by hollyt93
Oh on mine it says 'pending' in the offers column

Ah so out of lets say 650 interviews should expect like 400 offers....not bad odds not bad at all....
Original post by saudkhan2508
Ah so out of lets say 650 interviews should expect like 400 offers....not bad odds not bad at all....

Yeah the odds are good at Glasgow for an offer after interview. Some unis give out loads of interviews then only accept a small number of people after interviews, whereas Glasgow reject many more people pre interview so you have just over a 50% of being accepted at Glasgow after interview, which compared to other unis is very good odds
Reply 648
Aren't the odds much more worse for RUK applicants?
Original post by hollyt93
Yeah the odds are good at Glasgow for an offer after interview. Some unis give out loads of interviews then only accept a small number of people after interviews, whereas Glasgow reject many more people pre interview so you have just over a 50% of being accepted at Glasgow after interview, which compared to other unis is very good odds

Sheffield has similar odds coz they rejected some ridiculous amount like 1700 applicants pre interview this year and only gave out 650ish interviews and will give same offers as glasgow....so yeh a few unis with very good odds :cool:
Reply 650
Original post by Ekno
Aren't the odds much more worse for RUK applicants?

Apparently yeah :frown: I'm RUK too. I don't know exactly how bad the odds are, though...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Guys for everyones happiness here you go...its the most update information about ratios for med schools for offers to interviews....youre welcome :tongue:

http://themsag.com/uk-medical-schools/competition-ratios
Reply 652
Guys can anyone help, im seriously stressing over my interview for monday at glasgow, any help would be much appreciated
Original post by nemnut
Guys can anyone help, im seriously stressing over my interview for monday at glasgow, any help would be much appreciated

What do you want help with? 😊
Do Glasgow offer full body dissections? Thank you!!!!!! Interview tomorrow and SUPER nervous
Original post by livinwonderland
Do Glasgow offer full body dissections? Thank you!!!!!! Interview tomorrow and SUPER nervous

Yeah 😊
Reply 656
Having spent the day in Glasgow centre today I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVR WITH THE CITY!!! It's everything I want in a city :smile: :smile: :smile: so vibrant and exciting! It has just become my top choice and I haven't even visited the uni yet (that will be tomorrow).
Going to one of the 24 hour thegymgroup gyms in the morning for the novelty of it-- never been to any gym other than my local one back in rural Devon which consists of three treadmills and a dumbell hehe :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fibsy
Having spent the day in Glasgow centre today I am ABSOLUTELY IN LOVR WITH THE CITY!!! It's everything I want in a city :smile: :smile: :smile: so vibrant and exciting! It has just become my top choice and I haven't even visited the uni yet (that will be tomorrow).
Going to one of the 24 hour thegymgroup gyms in the morning for the novelty of it-- never been to any gym other than my local one back in rural Devon which consists of three treadmills and a dumbell hehe :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Glasgow is such a great city! Love the idea of going to the gym - great destress!

Sounds like you are already sold on glasgow - but take a look at this:http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/sport/facilities/extension/. The new gym is one of the reasons I am keen on Glasgow :smile: Best of luck!
Reply 658
Original post by Marcus4004
Glasgow is such a great city! Love the idea of going to the gym - great destress!

Sounds like you are already sold on glasgow - but take a look at this:http://www.gla.ac.uk/services/sport/facilities/extension/. The new gym is one of the reasons I am keen on Glasgow :smile: Best of luck!

Good sports facilities are a must!! I'm a bit of a gym addict haha, can't bear traveling around the UK gymless no matter the reason, even for interviews!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 659
Does anyone know if I can use the university gym while I'm here, or do I have to be a student?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending