The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medical School Applicants 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Merv97
offer guys

yes merv! are you thinking of firming glasgow or do you have offers elsewhere?
Looks like no RUK offers yet
Reply 1382
Original post by Timewilltellu
Congrats! Just Durham for you to wait for now.

Yup just Durham now; which is the one I'm really stressed about as its my first choice.

If I get it, I'm confirming right away.
Original post by Hussm
Looks like no RUK offers yet

That's what I am hoping is the case. This constant refreshing is driving me quite crazy. I just hope that they get the remainder out tomorrow. I dread the thought of having to wait until Monday to find out!
Original post by Torel
Yup just Durham now; which is the one I'm really stressed about as its my first choice.

If I get it, I'm confirming right away.

If you can get Glasgow and Aberdeen, I simply cannot see how would Durham turn you away. Anyhow, good luck.
Original post by thermometer
yes merv! are you thinking of firming glasgow or do you have offers elsewhere?

waiting on dundee, i live there so it would be easier for me
Original post by merv97
offer guys

omg!!!! Congratulations!!!!!
Original post by Merv97
waiting on dundee, i live there so it would be easier for me

Hey Merv what are your stats btw? :biggrin:
Original post by shassasing
That's what I am hoping is the case. This constant refreshing is driving me quite crazy. I just hope that they get the remainder out tomorrow. I dread the thought of having to wait until Monday to find out!

That is going to kill me...Just gotta pray for tomorrow at the latest...
Original post by tinababy
Hey Merv what are your stats btw? :biggrin:

HAHAHAH well..

6A's Nat 5
5A's Higher

Predicted AA/A advanced/higher
UKCAT 2450 but there was a problem with my test so my score would have been higher but UKCAT informed all the uni's about it.

and lots of volunteering and hospital work
Original post by Merv97
HAHAHAH well..

6A's Nat 5
5A's Higher

Predicted AA/A advanced/higher
UKCAT 2450 but there was a problem with my test so my score would have been higher but UKCAT informed all the uni's about it.

and lots of volunteering and hospital work

hahah well you give me hope...so far I've seen ppl with 15 As and genius ukcat scores get offers so maybe I do stand a chance...

That's a shame about your ukcat though that must have been so stressful...all good in the end tho:biggrin:
So where are we at with the letters?
Reply 1392
Well done everyone!! :smile: relieved that no RUK offers have gone out (seemingly) because I've heard nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Offer ahhhh :smile:
Reply 1394
Are offers still going out or are people just seeing their offers from earlier on?
Do we know how far through the alphabet they are?
Original post by duncanrit
Do we know how far through the alphabet they are?

I don't think its in alphabetical order
still nothing:colonhash:
Original post by Jennapee
Offer ahhhh :smile:

well done!!!
Sorry if OT, but for Scottish school leaver applicants lucky enough to have conditional offers from Glasgow and also elsewhere (say Edinburgh for instance) what's your thoughts on choosing between Glasgow's conditions of Adv H at AB or somewhere else's BBB?

I tend to think the BBB might be risky because if you make a mess of one exam then you're out whereas the Glasgow AB conditions give you breathing space that way - though obviously you need to do very well at something and get an A.

It'd just be interesting seeing people's thoughts?

(another option is to put one down as firm and one as insurance - that way you'd have both scenarios covered but you'd lose the safety net of putting down an unconditional offer as your insurance)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending