The Student Room Group

GCSE Results

Hello guys, I have just got my GCSE results and was slightly concerned as I was accepting a bit higher results from myself. I have achieved 2 A* which one of them was from Turkish that i have done in 2012, a distinction in IT and then 2 A's, 2 C's and 5 B's. However, I have achieved a D grade in my graphics written exam and then a A* in my coursework which has brought my final grade up to an A but I am scared that when i apply to a university they might reject me for that reason. I want to study Law with a year abroad. Do you think this would be a problem? I am a very hardworking, determined and ambitious student and person, I was the Head Girl in my secondary school as well as a prefect, a mentor and was part of the school council. In addition, I am bilingual, as I can speak Turkish fluently and and English although I am still learning, however, I can speak english very well. I am really scared that i will not get into a good university and am worried that I might not get used to college and struggle on my first day in college because i feel not prepared for my choices even thought i have high interest in them!! Please help and answer my question and give me some advice. Thank you. :smile:
I doubt they'd look closely into the unit grades for GCSE! If they do can someone correct me? Smash your AS exams and work your butt off, get the experience (google it) you need and write a killer personal statement- good luck! I'm starting 6th form this year too :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by ImagineCats
I doubt they'd look closely into the unit grades for GCSE! If they do can someone correct me? Smash your AS exams and work your butt off, get the experience (google it) you need and write a killer personal statement- good luck! I'm starting 6th form this year too :biggrin:

Thank you, I and good luck to you in Sixth Form. What were your results and what A-level have you taken? :smile:
Original post by Yagmur_9898
Thank you, I and good luck to you in Sixth Form. What were your results and what A-level have you taken? :smile:

Thank you, you too! I got 4A*s, 3As and 3Bs :biggrin: I'm doing biology, psychology, German and geography! I'm looking into a biomed or geography degree at uni and making biology my priority to maximize these chances as much as possible! I think I'll drop psychology :tongue: You?
Reply 4
Thank you, you too! I got 4A*s, 3As and 3Bs :biggrin: I'm doing biology, psychology, German and geography! I'm looking into a biomed or geography degree at uni and making biology my priority to maximize these chances as much as possible! I think I'll drop psychology :tongue: You?

Those are really good grades, well done!! and really good uni course choices by the way. I am doing A-levels and will be studying English Language and Literature (combined), Modern History, Law and Politics. In addition, I have signed up for the Debating Society which counts a additional 5th study as it requires weekly attendance, in my enrolment I think i am going to join Latin for beginners and Model United Nations Conference Club. hehehe :smile::biggrin: Also, I want to join the college council.
Those are really good grades, well done!! and really good uni course choices by the way. I am doing A-levels and will be studying English Language and Literature (combined), Modern History, Law and Politics. In addition, I have signed up for the Debating Society which counts a additional 5th study as it requires weekly attendance, in my enrolment I think i am going to join Latin for beginners and Model United Nations Conference Club. hehehe :smile::biggrin: Also, I want to join the college council.

Thank you! :biggrin: I've got my heart set on UEA so fingers crossed! Nice choices for Law, best of luck with those! And woah so much extra-curricular, I really need to get into those >:frown: Have you started looking at unis? I'm looking at reading, southampton, kent, UEA and stuck for a last one :smile:
Reply 6
Thank you! :biggrin: I've got my heart set on UEA so fingers crossed! Nice choices for Law, best of luck with those! And woah so much extra-curricular, I really need to get into those >:frown: Have you started looking at unis? I'm looking at reading, southampton, kent, UEA and stuck for a last one :smile:

Yes, I have been looking at unis for very long time now. I am interested in King's College London, University of Westminster, UCL, Anglia Ruskin University and Durham University which will be really hard to get in but I am going to try my absolute best for it. :h:
Yes, I have been looking at unis for very long time now. I am interested in King's College London, University of Westminster, UCL, Anglia Ruskin University and Durham University which will be really hard to get in but I am going to try my absolute best for it. :h:

That's quite a mix! I'm so excited to start applying to unis but I know the process is so stressful haha
Reply 8
That's quite a mix! I'm so excited to start applying to unis but I know the process is so stressful haha

Yeah, I know I hope I can get into one of them especially Durham, althought I just went onto Queen Mary University of London and they also do a very good and range of law degrees. :biggrin:
Yeah, I know I hope I can get into one of them especially Durham, althought I just went onto Queen Mary University of London and they also do a very good and range of law degrees. :biggrin:

Ah cool! I've booked the UEA open day for October and I'm so so so excited!!! I have a friend doing English at QMUL and I live in London, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! :smile:
Ah cool! I've booked the UEA open day for October and I'm so so so excited!!! I have a friend doing English at QMUL and I live in London, so if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask! :smile:

Thank you, I was wondering how the accomidations are at QMUL and is it too expensive to live in London as a university student? :smile:
Thank you, I was wondering how the accomidations are at QMUL and is it too expensive to live in London as a university student? :smile:

You'd share with a few people, definitely. When looking for 2nd and 3rd year accommodation (no doubt 1st year will be v expensive if its in c. London) I suggest you look at direct train routes out of london and find an average area along those lines- get an oyster and commute daily would be the cheaper option imo. Of course you can find places in Knightsbridge or Hammersmith which are directly in the city and likely very close to your uni, very nice place and local but jfc thats so expensive your flatmate would need to be loaded to get that. If you work through uni i'm sure you'll survive! In the city there's endless opportunities for jobs, volunteering, fun and places to go when bored. I want to get to know another area of UK when I go, but if I didn't come from London I would deffo go there! It's such an amazing place to be :biggrin:
You'd share with a few people, definitely. When looking for 2nd and 3rd year accommodation (no doubt 1st year will be v expensive if its in c. London) I suggest you look at direct train routes out of london and find an average area along those lines- get an oyster and commute daily would be the cheaper option imo. Of course you can find places in Knightsbridge or Hammersmith which are directly in the city and likely very close to your uni, very nice place and local but jfc thats so expensive your flatmate would need to be loaded to get that. If you work through uni i'm sure you'll survive! In the city there's endless opportunities for jobs, volunteering, fun and places to go when bored. I want to get to know another area of UK when I go, but if I didn't come from London I would deffo go there! It's such an amazing place to be :biggrin:

Alright, thank you for your advice and help. I hope you the best luck in the future.:smile:
Alright, thank you for your advice and help. I hope you the best luck in the future.:smile:

Thank you, you too!

Quick Reply

Latest