The Student Room Group

How to transfer Microsoft office to another laptop

I'm thinking of buying a new laptop for uni.

How do I make the transfer? I didn't use a disc and I don't think I used a 20 digit product key card.
Why dont you just burn it on a disc :s-smilie: Im pretty sure your uni will give you free MS office
I believe the standard policy they have is that you uninstall office from your current system which frees up your license key and then simply reinstall the copy of Office onto a new system and reenter the license code and voila. You can then repeat this again after 90 days if you want to transfer the license again.
Reply 3
Original post by marco14196
I believe the standard policy they have is that you uninstall office from your current system which frees up your license key and then simply reinstall the copy of Office onto a new system and reenter the license code and voila. You can then repeat this again after 90 days if you want to transfer the license again.

im just following these steps

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/transfer-ms-office-new-computer-55940.html
I can't remember inserting a 25 digit product key but I must have I think. If I did I deleted the email for good :frown:

Im just trying to find a way of getting my product key
I downloaded a software which can tell you the product key for your Microsoft office. Can't remember what it was called but it worked and it was free. Google it

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Dw I think I have found it :smile: Tenks
prsom
Original post by chidchilli
I downloaded a software which can tell you the product key for your Microsoft office. Can't remember what it was called but it worked and it was free. Google it

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I've found it. Downloaded Magic Jellybean suggested by TechRadar. What are the chances of this giving me a false CD Key? Thanks you kind sir!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Proxenus
Dw I think I have found it :smile: Tenks
prsom

I think I've found it. Downloaded Magic Jellybean suggested by TechRadar. What are the chances of this giving me a false CD Key? Thanks you kind sir!

nah it wont give you a fake one. did you have any luck with it?

Too bawse for you, sir.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending