The Student Room Group

Failed Aqa but sixthform does Edexcel for "re-sit" Gcse MATHS. help?

Okay, so the plan is i'll be using revision sites, revising 4 hours everyday. To get that b+
-Hegerty maths
-Bitesize
-Pastpapers
If i do these things, and PRACTISE. Will i be able to get a b for edexcel exam board, eventhough i did AQA and found it hard. I was put in for higher, it was easy but i didn't get a B.
I'm Re-sitting, and i'm going to start revising from today. Is it possible for me to get a B in 9months, Whilst revising thoroughly.
I know i can do it but since i'm doing a different exam board.. i'm not so sure.
Is Edexcel hard? or Aqa. Idk what to do :c
Original post by _anon_banon
Okay, so the plan is i'll be using revision sites, revising 4 hours everyday. To get that b+
-Hegerty maths
-Bitesize
-Pastpapers
If i do these things, and PRACTISE. Will i be able to get a b for edexcel exam board, eventhough i did AQA and found it hard. I was put in for higher, it was easy but i didn't get a B.
I'm Re-sitting, and i'm going to start revising from today. Is it possible for me to get a B in 9months, Whilst revising thoroughly.
I know i can do it but since i'm doing a different exam board.. i'm not so sure.

The content doesn't really vary over the specifications and the difficulty is reflected by the grade boundaries. I would ensure that you go some past papers from Edexcel. You should be able to if you put in the effort, you can use YouTube for tutorials as there's lots online.
Also, depending on how you're revising (i.e topic by topic) you can use these to consolidate knowledge of the unit and it's split into specific grades. https://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/gcse-maths-takeaway/
Reply 3
Original post by danielwinstanley
Also, depending on how you're revising (i.e topic by topic) you can use these to consolidate knowledge of the unit and it's split into specific grades. https://keshgcsemaths.wordpress.com/gcse-maths-takeaway/

ty also how many hours should i do. since there's 9 months left in a way.. is 4hours enough? if i practise 4 topics. each day
ty also how many hours should i do. since there's 9 months left in a way.. is 4hours enough? if i practise 4 topics. each day

Check your PM :smile:
Reply 5
It's deffo possible. Just work consistently. Also, there are very little differences between the exam boards. I wouldn't worry
Reply 6
Original post by Xlxl23
It's deffo possible. Just work consistently. Also, there are very little differences between the exam boards. I wouldn't worry

okay :smile:
-Hegerty maths
-Bitesize
-Pastpapers

I did Edexcel this year (you probably saw it on Twitter - people getting angry over this years paper). It's pretty easy but the thing is that they've got a few questions at the end that are hard but worth a lot of marks. So even if you do good for most of it and miss out in the end, it makes you lose marks which is annoying :/ But you have 9 months so I'm sure if you revise you'll get a B.

For Edexcel, past papers is the best way - they usually repeat a lot of their questions.
Hi, I'm taking maths gcse next June too, I'm taking OCR but I'm considering also taking edexcel at the local college too incase I do better on one. I saw everything that was going on with that edexcel maths paper and the Hannah's sweets question scares me :s does anyone have another good resources for gcse maths please? Also, has anyone done ocr maths B and how did you find it? Thank you for any responses

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by studyblogg
Hi, I'm taking maths gcse next June too, I'm taking OCR but I'm considering also taking edexcel at the local college too incase I do better on one. I saw everything that was going on with that edexcel maths paper and the Hannah's sweets question scares me :s does anyone have another good resources for gcse maths please? Also, has anyone done ocr maths B and how did you find it? Thank you for any responses

Posted from TSR Mobile

oml yeah that's why i'm scared to do edexcel.. cos it's messed up lol. but i'll find a way eventually. I haven't done ocr.. but you know your plan is good.. ^-^ But apparently edexcel is easier, i did see the pastpapers it's alright but AQA is clear.. and the marks with edexcel is hard to get.. but yeah other than that good luck!
Original post by _Lizabeth_
I did Edexcel this year (you probably saw it on Twitter - people getting angry over this years paper). It's pretty easy but the thing is that they've got a few questions at the end that are hard but worth a lot of marks. So even if you do good for most of it and miss out in the end, it makes you lose marks which is annoying :/ But you have 9 months so I'm sure if you revise you'll get a B.

For Edexcel, past papers is the best way - they usually repeat a lot of their questions.

okay, thanks. and i know lol i saw the "hannah sweets" thing it was so funny :') and i was glad i did "aqa" but i failed which was stupid but yeah ;p

Quick Reply

Latest