The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Moonshine
However, you, as far as can see have not brought anything to this forum.

It usually takes quite a lot to get to me, you see I'm usually quite thick-skinned, but your above comment does succeed in making me feel hurt, so congratulations.

I felt that I had at least contributed something to the forum (I'm not saying I contribute a lot, just something), in that I've tried to partake in as many threads as I can, deliver the most useful responses as I can and to pass on suggestions to d whenever I get the opportunity, but obviously it seems my efforts were worthless in the eyes of some (the majority?).

Well I'm sorry to those people, because I feel I am contributing something to the forum however misguided that opinion may be, and have decided I will try my best to continue to do so, irrespective of whatever opinions you and others may hold of me.

I'm sorry to you and anyone else who feels the same way as you do, that I couldn't bring more to the forum.
Ive got to say that that is very rude and frankly wrong Moonshine. Since i joined here ive seen rahayden as an intelligent, well respected member who is always keen to help people and give advice and well deserves to be a moderator. I have found his help especially with maths very useful and i'm sure others have aswell.

You may have noticed that Hayden is one of the very few number of people who has the reputation "will become famous soon". I think this shows generally how well liked and respected he is among these boards.

And about the change, i have to admit i didnt like it, but isnt that always the case - you get used to something being a certain way and then when it chanfes you are shocked and take an instant dislike to it. However the new format was fine and everyone would have got used to it in no time and probably started to like it more but we'll never know because of people like you whinging and whining st the very first sign of change, too closed minded to maybe accept or even entertain the thought that the new system was better...
Rahaydenuk - Who? Secret Weapon - Sending People to Sleep

:eek: Moonshine's taken too many sedatives :frown:

Rich is a god!!! A sucker at minesweeper though :wink:
rhayden - dont take it to heart, she seems a wee bit immature to me. i have nothing against you, well done for becomin a mod, u deserve it i say!! x o x
Lets break this down for you.

It'sPhil...
Ive got to say that that is very rude and frankly wrong Moonshine.

The introduction to your post is not much better.

It'sPhil...
Since i joined here ive seen rahayden as an intelligent, well respected member who is always keen to help people and give advice and well deserves to be a moderator. I have found his help especially with maths very useful and i'm sure others have aswell.

True, very true, and I totally agree, he's certainly very good at maths, and willing to give help - and shows the qualities that a moderator should have.

It'sPhil...
You may have noticed that Hayden is one of the very few number of people who has the reputation "will become famous soon". I think this shows generally how well liked and respected he is among these boards.

Bear in mind that the reputations system has yet to really be used to its full potential, at least give it a fortnight so we can get some values and start reading into it.

It'sPhil...
And about the change, i have to admit i didnt like it, but isnt that always the case - you get used to something being a certain way and then when it changes you are shocked and take an instant dislike to it.

Fine. You either like something or you don't.

However the new format was fine and everyone would have got used to it in no time and probably started to like it more ...

The new format clearly wasn't fine - the new features were, the split board wasn't. It was a gallent effort by d and fair play to him for taking on board peoples suggestions, but he asked for feedback, and duly got it. I don't think he will have took it to heart and at the recommendation of several "respected members" he duly changed it back.

It'sPhil...
but we'll never know because of people like you whinging and whining st the very first sign of change, too closed minded to maybe accept or even entertain the thought that the new system was better...

Now who's being rude ?

Together myself and Moonshine looked at the changes, (call it Beta testing if you wish), and I posted up things that between us we weren't over keen on.
You should also note ickle_katy posted up things she wasn't keen on as well.

We have tried something out, a bold step, it didn't work out, so we have gone back - admitting that something is wrong and being prepared to resort back to times of old is a sign of strong administration.

And BTW, Moonshine is a little more respected on this board than you might know - just that theres very few of us that are aware that she has actually posted some 456 messages on UK-Learning.
Excuse me aren't I allowed to have opinions.

Its Phil - the new format was terrible. and who actually cares about reputation? I don't. In fact since I posted my "I'm being honest" post my reputation has drop big time....do I care....nope!

When you start thinking about the good of the forum, ItsPhil, you'll notice it was a terrible idea to change it! We did not need 4 sub fourms because we don't have that many posts!

If people have a problem with me I'd rather them tell me straight because I'd rather know than not know. So go on people slag me off as much as possible...half of my friends here are on holiday so I had no gang of friends to hide behind.

I will say it again. I rather when d decides on the spur of the moment to make someone a mod that he opens a poll with a selection of members he feels worthy and the top person after a week becomes the mod..

This way, the forum has the chance to decide.
Moonshine
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

...sorry I fell alsleep read that rahaydenuk.

I'm going to be honent seeing that I will not be banned for speaking my mind.

My views on the Mods of this Forum (which I actually know about! :mad: )

D - God of the forum. Secret Weapon - Banning People
Koloth - Vice God of the forum. Secret Weapon - Words of Wisdom
Ollie - Colour of the Forum guy. Secret Weapon - Kates?
Leekey - Comic and general good guy. Secret Weapon - Changing Wording Of Posts

and finally

Rahaydenuk - Who? Secret Weapon - Sending People to Sleep

When Ollie and Leekey were made mods, I was pleased as they deserved it. Ollie brought Colour to the Forum with Avatars and Sig and Leekey brought Humour and being a friend tp everyone before being promoted.

However, you, as far as can see have not brought anything to this forum. I have,though, observe you stucking up to d. e.g.

Big example but home truth time

Nobody liked the changes as far as I can see. Why should we be positive when it wasn't a good change?

If I was to say who'd make a good mod, I'd say Expression. If anyone deserved being promoted its him. He is always around and helping and I'm not just saying that.

I have been honent, this is the way I think and feel. Not a I'm out to get you post.

i agreee.

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
i agreee.

love Katy ***

Which bit Katy ? There wuz a fair few things to agree with !
Reply 288
Thanks to those who supported me :smile:. I'm glad my contributions are appreciated by some.

Let's take this opportunity to end the forum upgrade dispute now though, as has expression said, we tried the forum change, the majority didn't like it, so we changed back.

We don't want to tear the forum into two waring factions over this!

I'm thinking maybe this version of General Chit-Chat should be closed, and we should start afresh, a clean chat slate, so to speak? Any opinions?
most of it.

d is great. koloth is wise. ollie knows his stuff and leekeys just amazin.

but the other one is rather foolish.

he deleted an untire conversation id had earlier - because it was in the wrong box...

i think that if anyone deserved promotion - not that we needed any more moderators now that ollie and leekey are them - it should be you, expression.

love Katy ***
Would say mine but my head would be bitten off again, wouldn't it hayden?
rahaydenuk
Thanks to those who supported me :smile:. I'm glad my contributions are appreciated by some.

Let's take this opportunity to end the forum upgrade dispute now though, as has expression said, we tried the forum change, the majority didn't like it, so we changed back.

I'm thinking maybe this version of General Chit-Chat should be closed, and we should start afresh, a clean chat slate, so to speak? Any opinions?

Can we just wait to see what Katy agreed with ?!
OK she's replied - and THANX :cool:

OK given we're approaching 300 posts (15 pages), but Remember the following rules;

1) It has to be called "Generally Chit-Chat for Forumites 3"

end of rules !
rahaydenuk

you gonna delete all this aswel??

love Katy ***
ickle_katy

love Katy ***

Nah, just a lock would do.

Getting through 15 pages is tough to navigate

And so General Chit-Chat for Forumites 3 was born. :biggrin:
Reply 294
ickle_katy
he deleted an untire conversation id had earlier - because it was in the wrong box...

That conversation (a few posts) was you and I going off-topic in a thread which had a specific subject (I don't remember which one).

I deleted our 'sub-discussion', as I thought it would divert the discussion of the actual topic in question to something completely irrelevant, which would be unfair on the original poster.

If you disagreed with that action, you should have PM'ed me and I would've tried to rectify the situation.
He'd better not delete this thread or I will report him!

If A Musical Gal can report Leekey, I'll defin report hayden!
Reply 296
ickle_katy

love Katy ***

I never said I'd delete anything.
Reply 297
Expression
Nah, just a lock would do.

Getting through 15 pages is tough to navigate

And so General Chit-Chat for Forumites 3 was born. :biggrin:

Is that a go to lock this thread and open a new one?

What about the others, agreed?
Moonshine
Would say mine but my head would be bitten off again, wouldn't it hayden?

I already answered!
Moonshine
I already answered!

Continued: http://www.uk-learning.net/showthread.php?t=9273

Latest

Trending

Trending