The Student Room Group

Can you stream?

Hello,
I heard you can't stream shows for free in England, Does that include watching movies/TV shows on YouTube too? xD Or everyone has to use Netflix/Sky/etc?

I'll appreciate if someone can give me more information =)

Thank you,~
I'll let you in on a little secret: there's no need to pay for anything. Nothing's a crime unless you're caught, and this is really a victimless crime. Try putlocker.is, it's usually decent and has lots of shows/movies.
Original post by Mactotaur
I'll let you in on a little secret: there's no need to pay for anything. Nothing's a crime unless you're caught, and this is really a victimless crime. Try putlocker.is, it's usually decent and has lots of shows/movies.

It's baffling to me that this actually IS a secret. Why do so many people pay a fiver a month for a more limited selection of stuff than the average streaming site?
Original post by SmashConcept
It's baffling to me that this actually IS a secret. Why do so many people pay a fiver a month for a more limited selection of stuff than the average streaming site?

I pay for Netflix for HD, for ease of access, but if something's not on there it'll be on a streaming site or available to torrent.
Original post by Mactotaur
I pay for Netflix for HD, for ease of access, but if something's not on there it'll be on a streaming site or available to torrent.

OK, I just don't get that. I've never used netflix, but the TV streaming sites are as easy to access as TSR and come in HD also.
OK, I just don't get that. I've never used netflix, but the TV streaming sites are as easy to access as TSR and come in HD also.

Some programmes are quite obscure but are on Netflix, and I haven't found them on streaming sites. Other times I want to watch on a tablet and streaming sites aren't exactly optimised for them, while there's a Netflix app.
Reply 6
So it's alright to just use websites that stream shows/movies ? I don't know if it will get me into trouble or not xD. So people mainly in the UK use Netflix? =)

Thank youu for replying =D

Trying to load up streaming sites on mobiles or on other devices is a massive pain. That's the main reason for me. Also because I actually want to support sites that Netflix that offer the level of flexibility I want.

Plus the 4k is nice.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HasanKazmi
So it's alright to just use websites that stream shows/movies ? I don't know if it will get me into trouble or not xD. So people mainly in the UK use Netflix? =)

Thank youu for replying =D

Well, you're not supposed to, but no one cares in reality. Kinda like jaywalking.

If we sued/jailed people for watching TV shows, we'd have a third of the country in court.

Quick Reply

Latest