The Student Room Group

How likely is it that your marks will go down after a remark?

Has anyone's marks gone down after a remark? If so, by how much? How likely is that someone's marks will go down a lot?
Reply 1
I read that as stretch marks, deary me, I gotta get rid of my fat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I heard someone got a C in economics. Then it was remarked to an E.
The odds are anything. I guess it depends on how well your answers correlate with the MS. It's not always about how confident you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Do you know how to cancel a remark request?
Reply 4
Original post by angelcake123
I heard someone got a C in economics. Then it was remarked to an E.
The odds are anything. I guess it depends on how well your answers correlate with the MS. It's not always about how confident you are.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Flint_sky7
Do you know how to cancel a remark request?
lmao that escalated quickly. i got a chem paper remarked when i was doing my a-levels and they picked the best mark out of the 2
Reply 5
Original post by bulf
lmao that escalated quickly. i got a chem paper remarked when i was doing my a-levels and they picked the best mark out of the 2

Really? I thought your remark grade was what you kept, regardless of whether it was lower. But I really need to cancel it, I already have my uni place so I really don't want my grade to go down. I read on another thread that someone's marks went down by 14 marks.

Someone please help me. How can I cancel my request?
Reply 6
Really? I thought your remark grade was what you kept, regardless of whether it was lower. But I really need to cancel it, I already have my uni place so I really don't want my grade to go down. I read on another thread that someone's marks went down by 14 marks.

call your college yo (find out whether or not they take your best mark first). what subject is it

If you had the place, why would you get the remark? :holmes:

Regarding the remark grade, if you get the second mark and it goes down that would be the mark it would stay at.
Reply 8
Original post by bulf
call your college yo (find out whether or not they take your best mark first). what subject is it

Its English, so its possible I could lose a lot of marks as its very subjective.
Reply 9
Its English, so its possible I could lose a lot of marks as its very subjective.
lol english is basically russian roulette man. don't puss out
Original post by Slowbro93
If you had the place, why would you get the remark? :holmes:

Regarding the remark grade, if you get the second mark and it goes down that would be the mark it would stay at.

I don't know, but I really regret it. My teacher said I'm close to the next grade but it really isn't worth it now.
Okay so I just found on the aqa website that requests can be cancelled by logging onto e aqa or by emailing them so I'll contact my exams office in the morning. Hope they aren't annoyed with me(it wasn't my idea in the first place anyway). Thanks guys.

Quick Reply

Latest