The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
english accent = sexy
Which English accent do you mean?
Reply 22
An accent isnt sexy to me if I cant understand what they are saying; and I dont understand many people that isnt either from Ireland or Britain, I just can't. Sometimes I've enough trouble understanding English people.
My boyfriend's housemate has grown up in three different countries so he has really unusual accent, but I think its sexy.
Some accents are very sexy - French for example. Italian and Spanish can be aswell, but French the most I would say.

Sean Connery's accent is also fab.

I can't stand scouser, and although cockney is tolerable I can't stand the fact that they say F instead of TH.

I can't understand thick Glasweigan or Irish at all - but they're okay if they're mild.
Reply 25
XenaGlamRocker
although cockney is tolerable I can't stand the fact that they say F instead of TH.

Oops :redface: lol.

This is gonna sound a li'l weird, but I tend to just like all accents. I think I just like voices :s-smilie: heh. There are certain peoples' voices that may annoy me, but often it's just regional variation of anywhere that I find so intriguing and I really like it. I guess there are some I'm less interested; standard English accents are pleasant but, in essence, vague. Occassionally some mainland Spanish accents, proper Madrileño, can annoy me.

Referring to the original question, I think English with a non-British accent is fine, and some can sound nice/cute (eg friend of a friend is Hungarian, and she has a *lovely* accent which comes through strongly but clearly when speaking English). But as I said before I just tend to like accents full stop :rolleyes:
Reply 26
Birmingham accent......such an odd accent
Reply 27
I've said this a lot, but I'll say it again... you know that whole conception that Americans think that people who speak with a British Accent are more intelligent? It's totally true.

Most of the accents (some go as far as to call it a dialect) that I hear every day is the Black Vernacular/Ebonics accent (my school is 98% Black), and that's fun to listen to. I also have a soft spot in my heart for Deep South accents (Texan is gross). Especially Louisianian/Cajun accents. Carribbean ones make me happy too. I wish I had a Jamaican accent.

South African is also really cool. And Canadians, who speak TOTALLY different from Americans.

I hate the hurdy gurdy sound of the Mid-West Accent here though. And the Bostonian Accent, which is almost like a bastardized, gritty form of the English accent.
Reply 28
I really like the sound of the Scottish accent. I was watching some movie and fell in love with the accent! I want to go to Scotland and just sit in a cafe all day and listen to people talk.

TBH I really can't tell the difference between Canadian and American :redface: I don't even know what the whole deal is with that 'eh' thing either :s-smilie: I feel so ashamed right now!

What do you people think of Australian accents?
Reply 29
Australian accents, very sexy (can't tell the difference between that and a New Zealand one though).
Northern Irish accents, yes, the thicker the better,ditto Scottish accents.
English accents - posh accents not sexy, but a joy to hear. Scouse, no thanks, ditto Geordie and Welsh. Cockney, fantastic, love it. Living in Sheffield at the moment, and am loving the accent, sexiest of all.
All American accents are great, very sexy.
French accents, stereotypically sexy, but in fact a bit annoying after a while. German accents lovely. Italian accents - see French accents.
Reply 30
sexy, mate!
Reply 31
French/italian/German/kazakh
I like the Scottish accent, West Coast esp. when it's not too thick (cf. David Tennant :p:)
Posh English accent is nice
Irish accents are good
I can't stand the French accent though - I don't know if it's because I'm French, but it really makes me cringe when it's too thick. (I myself don't sound French when I speak English).

I used to like the American accent, but since I've moved to Scotland, it makes me cringe. Except for the Deep South accent, I find it cute.
Reply 33
hippieglitter
My boyfriend's housemate has grown up in three different countries so he has really unusual accent, but I think its sexy.

i also have grown up in three different countries and have a pretty unusual accent. People always say they love my accent, but i think actual voice accounts for a lot as well (ie pitch, volume, speed etc).

i love the accent germans have when they speak english, thought funnily enough i hate the german language?! most english dialects do nothing for me; my bf's from ascott and his accent is pretty lush but anything other than mild rp kind of repels me...
Reply 34
Man irish women have amazingly hot accents. :love: Especially if their fit, the accent just makes them that much more wow.

Man.

Wow.
King Hippo

Scouser - :vroam:

^o) Just to let you know, we don't all sound like extras out of Brookside. In fact, the upper class scouse accent is quite endearing.

ETA: Many people seem to confuse our accent with the Birmingham one also. They're not to be confused :wink:
Reply 36
JaneThePain
^o) Just to let you know, we don't all sound like extras out of Brookside. In fact, the upper class scouse accent is quite endearing.

Is that like the kind of accent you'd find in the Wirral? I have friend who lives there and he and his family/people around him don't have hardline Scouse-Brookside accents but you can tell they're from Merseyside. I love his accent :redface: But as I mentioned earlier, I pretty much love every accent.
I like the aussie accent, very friendly and laid back sounding.
Reply 38
I do not have an English accent!
Because I don't speak English!!!
:biggrin:
I love south-african...really really sexy...and most people know of my penchant for the Irish.

Latest

Trending

Trending