The Student Room Group

Does anyone have the issue of being able to dirty talk in messages and then being awk

I kinda struggle with using hookup apps because of this reason. I’m smoother than smooth peanut butter when talking in the DMs but then I’m awkward when it comes to meeting irl, some due to nervousness of interacting with a stranger. It’s so annoying and worried of it putting off potential FWB- even if the sex goes well, like I struggle with acting sexy. There’s been a lot of times where it’s gone both ways though where me and the person would be filthy on the DMs but both too casual and kinda not able to do sexy talk in person- like the chemistry outside of the sex isn’t there.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I kinda struggle with using hookup apps because of this reason. I’m smoother than smooth peanut butter when talking in the DMs but then I’m awkward when it comes to meeting irl, some due to nervousness of interacting with a stranger. It’s so annoying and worried of it putting off potential FWB- even if the sex goes well, like I struggle with acting sexy. There’s been a lot of times where it’s gone both ways though where me and the person would be filthy on the DMs but both too casual and kinda not able to do sexy talk in person- like the chemistry outside of the sex isn’t there.

‘Smoother than smooth peanut butter’ bro hop off
Reply 2
It sounds like you're trying to be who you think the other person wants, rather than being your natural self.

Don't do something on messages that you can't do in person. Simples!
I’d say be yourself but I think this is quite common tbh. I’m very suggestive over text and when sexting but don’t dirty talk in person because I just find it so awkward and hilarious, like when others I’m with have tried to do it I just burst out laughing because it was so out of character and just comedic lol. I wouldn’t worry too much, few people can genuinely pull off acting sexy and dirty talking with a stranger.
Reply 4
Original post by BigJ123
‘Smoother than smooth peanut butter’ bro hop off

Im like half joking ik it’s corny lol
Reply 5

I can do dirty talk via messages. In person I don't say much during sex tbh, I'll occasionally dirty talk to my guy. My guy doesn't dirty talk in person, but he has no problem over the phone or text.
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
It sounds like you're trying to be who you think the other person wants, rather than being your natural self.

Don't do something on messages that you can't do in person. Simples!

It’s the opposite actually lol, I’m more able to be comfortable online than irl alongside social anxiety.
Reply 7
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I’d say be yourself but I think this is quite common tbh. I’m very suggestive over text and when sexting but don’t dirty talk in person because I just find it so awkward and hilarious, like when others I’m with have tried to do it I just burst out laughing because it was so out of character and just comedic lol. I wouldn’t worry too much, few people can genuinely pull off acting sexy and dirty talking with a stranger.

Yeah this is how I feel too lol
Reply 8
It’s the opposite actually lol, I’m more able to be comfortable online than irl alongside social anxiety.

Exactly my point. People can be anyone they want when behind a keyboard doesn't mean they are like that irl.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending