The Student Room Group

Maclaurins Series Proof

Does anyone know if you are required to be able to prove Maclaurins Theorem for FP2 OCR (not MEI) A2??
Original post by Mathematicus65
Does anyone know if you are required to be able to prove Maclaurins Theorem for FP2 OCR (not MEI) A2??

www.google.co.uk is where you can find your answer. You may as well learn how to prove it anyway.
I very much doubt it - without wanting to be horribly snarky, I suspect any proof of Maclaurin done pre-university leaves rather a lot to be desired anyhow.

More realistically, you've probably had a "demonstration" of why if we can write f(x)=akxkf(x) = \sum a_k x^k, then ak=f(k)(0)/k!a_k = f^{(k)}(0) / k!. The argument is easy enough to memorize and the approach may come in handy for certain types of question, even though I still think it's unlikely you'd ever be specifically asked to reproduce it.

No, you don't have to

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending