The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

University of Manchester Applicants for 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vortex98
Wow congrats man! When did you apply?

Exactly a week ago, they confirmed the application this morning! So happy :biggrin:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 101
Original post by Crazecatlady
Just got an interview for Theoretical Physics!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Awesome! What day is your interview?
Original post by sr111
Awesome! What day is your interview?

It's s super late, 4th February!
Reply 103
It's s super late, 4th February!

Oh wow thats ages away! I suppose that's good because you have plenty of time to prepare :smile:
Original post by sr111
Oh wow thats ages away! I suppose that's good because you have plenty of time to prepare :smile:

Haha true! From what I've heard, apparently the interview is just a formal process...like, it's basically an offer holders day. My friend who applied there last year for physics said the interview wasn't even a proper interview like Oxbridge does, it was more of a chat. Hopefully it's the same this year :biggrin:
What course did you apply for, by the way?
Where from: Wakefield
AS/A2: philosophy and ethics (AS), psychology, sociology and government and politics
AS/A2 grades: AABB. A*AA prediction
Course: psychology
Why Manchester? It was the university which appealed to me most and I liked the feel of this one more than others I've been to :smile:

Got an offer for psychology yesterday but nothing about an interview, how long does it take to hear about one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
Where from: Wakefield
AS/A2: philosophy and ethics (AS), psychology, sociology and government and politics
AS/A2 grades: AABB. A*AA prediction
Course: psychology
Why Manchester? It was the university which appealed to me most and I liked the feel of this one more than others I've been to :smile:

Got an offer for psychology yesterday but nothing about an interview, how long does it take to hear about one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think some people just get offers straight away, I know that they interview pretty much everyone for physics, apart from international students. Maybe you're one of the lucky few without an interview!
Just got an interview for Theoretical Physics!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Me too! Now I'm trying to find statistics to see how many get in if they get an interview 😋
Just got an offer for PPE :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mxlik
Just got an offer for PPE :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats 🎉😄

Posted from TSR Mobile
[QUOTE=krishanj;60069873]Me too! Now I'm trying to find statistics to see how many get in if they get an interview 😋

Last year, an interview was pretty much a guarantee that you're in! I don't know what's gona happen this year, but I'm sure it will be similar. Congratulations!! :smile:
Congrats 🎉😄

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and congrats to you too🎉🎉
Feel really relieved now that I've got an offer, where else have you applied to if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last year, an interview was pretty much a guarantee that you're in! I don't know what's gona happen this year, but I'm sure it will be similar. Congratulations!! :smile:

Thanks, you too! I'll see you at the interview :wink:
Where else did you apply?
[QUOTE=krishanj;60070467]Thanks, you too! I'll see you at the interview :wink:
Where else did you apply?
Depends if your interview is on the 4th February!
I've applied to Warwick, Manchester, UCL, imperial and Oxford. So far heard back from Warwick and Manchester. What about you?
Where from: Liverpool
AS/A2 subjects: IT (AS), Psychology, Business Studies, Music, General Studies
AS/A2 Grades: AAAAB (B in Gen Stud)
Course applying for: BMus (Hons) - Music!
Don't forget to mention why you made UoM one of your choices - 2nd in league tables, historic city and close to home!

Been offered an interview at an applicant visit day; anyone else?!
Original post by mxlik
Thank you and congrats to you too🎉🎉
Feel really relieved now that I've got an offer, where else have you applied to if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cambridge, York, Leeds and Bristol :smile: you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Depends if your interview is on the 4th February!
I've applied to Warwick, Manchester, UCL, imperial and Oxford. So far heard back from Warwick and Manchester. What about you?

I applied Camridge, Imperial, Manchester, Nottingham and Sheffield :redface: and only heard back for Manchester so far!
Cambridge, York, Leeds and Bristol :smile: you?
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh what college in Cambridge?
Original post by krishanj
Ooh what college in Cambridge?

Queens' :biggrin: I visited earlier this year and loved it
The Manchester website says you require certain grades at GCSE to study law?is this correct?t says A at gcse english language but i only got a B grade and an A in literature,worried now!
AS subjects:h:istory,Government and Politics,Philosophy and Ethics,Sociology
AS grades:AABC(B was 2 marks off an A)
A2:Philosophy,Politics,Sociology
Applying for:Law

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending