The Student Room Group

American Applicant Response Time

I applied a week and a half ago to Oxford, UCL, KCL, University of Edinburgh, and University of Manchester for French and German. I am US applicant so I was wondering if that means they will take longer to give me a decision? Has anyone (international or not) gotten an offer for languages at these schools yet (excluding Oxford)?
Ah! The deadline for Oxford applications is as you know the 16th October. The UCAS deadline for the other universities is I believe 31st January 2024. Therefore you probably won't hear anything from them until after that date, although depending upon course and Uni, you may hear something in December You'll be treated exactly the same as any other applicant.
Reply 2
I'm a prospective classicist from America, just got an offer from Manchester today
Reply 3
Original post by llloyd.15
I applied a week and a half ago to Oxford, UCL, KCL, University of Edinburgh, and University of Manchester for French and German. I am US applicant so I was wondering if that means they will take longer to give me a decision? Has anyone (international or not) gotten an offer for languages at these schools yet (excluding Oxford)?

Yeah, I applied on Sept. 14th and got an offer Oct. 23rd to Manchester.

Edit: Not for languages though, just noticed you asked for language course applicants.
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending